Designer shoes that are orthotics friendly..

A friend of mine had pretty flat feet and started wearing heels (trying to keep up with me LOL) but her arches got a lot higher after wearing heels all the time for a year. I've always had really high arches so heels feel better for me, but I donno it's probably not what your dr would say but you might try wearing heels and see if your arches get better.

No podiatrist will tell you to wear high heels. :sad: (I wish!) They are pretty much against two things - running and high heels.

If you have flat feet, they will want you in something with a slight lift or wedge heel. But still supportive. I have wide feet and super high arches and am getting orthotics made right now. They are making a second pair to go in my ballet flats and more feminine shoes. The standard orthotics fit in my AGL flats, though.

Yikes! If you don't mind my asking, did your doc by chance say you have collapsing arches as well? I have these (so my feet look to have a normal arch when I'm not bearing weight on them, but when I bear weight, my feet flatten out--it's part of having overly lax/loose joints)...I hope I don't end up having to wear orthotics as well, because I already have a heck of a time finding shoes that fit :S

I have slightly collapsed arches as well. I wear inserts with my sneakers (worn 100% on the weekends, and to/from the parking garage into the office), and cole haan heels when i get to the office. I am also a high-mileage runner, but do not wear any inserts with my running shoes (i just pick shoes that have stability/motion control).

I don't think you need to worry about wearing orthotics 24/7. If your arches don't bother you (I only started wearing the over-the-counter inserts in my sneakers due to knee pain when running), you should be fine. You should try to pick shoes that come with arch support, though, to reduce the pressure on your knees.

I wish I had some kind of an arch lol I have no arch whatsoever..apparently only 5% of the population has what I have, oh lucky me ='( I bought TOMS and they're comfy ! And they're pretty stable, straight and not too narrow. I still haven't looked at Ferragamo's, Chanel's and AGL's but will soon!

I'm too scared to start wearing high heels again ='( I'll ask my Dr. if I should lol

I wish I had some kind of an arch lol I have no arch whatsoever..apparently only 5% of the population has what I have, oh lucky me ='( I bought TOMS and they're comfy ! And they're pretty stable, straight and not too narrow. I still haven't looked at Ferragamo's, Chanel's and AGL's but will soon!

I'm too scared to start wearing high heels again ='( I'll ask my Dr. if I should lol

Hello, I am not sure where you live...but in Australia and New Zealand, we have a shoe brand that is called Ziera. I know that you can get their shoes in US...They are formally Kumfs. And they make shoes that can fit orthotics. Their heels are very comfy and have inbuilt arch support already....I am not sure if your feet are ok in these inbuilt shoes. ALot of their shoes are very practical to be pretty, but they do have some fashionable options.....their website is

www.zierashoes.com.au

On their website, its not showing a lot of their nicer stuff, but I recently bought a pair of red leather lace up heel...I have attached a photo to show you that their shoes can be fashionable and orthothic friendly. Its winter atm in Australia.

Attachments

• Ziera shoes.jpg
    Ziera shoes.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,488
good luck on your search! i agree that salvatore ferragamo do have a wide range of width sizing that really helps! i have one pair of taryn rose that i don't wear :sad:
YSL is pretty roomy and you might find styles that work for you!!! good luck!

Hi OP...I am also in my early 20's, have arthritis and a lot of other health issues throughout my body and am looking for orthopedic slippers. Can you tell me what yours are? I've been looking online. I have not been to the podiatrist since I was diagnosed with arthritis, but foot problems run in the family (as does poor health in general, unfortunately) and I am sure I have flat feet/overpronate. What I have been doing on my own is buying shoes from "comfort brands" like Born, Soft, Clarks, my absolute favorite (and cutest!) is Chie Mihara. I am wearing store-bought insoles with these, but specialty orthotic ones, not Dr. Scholl's or anything like that. The insoles seem to provide very good arch support and I have them for flatter shoes (don't wear flats that don't have some kind of heel, huge rubber sole, etc for support) and for heels (nothing very high). I'd recommend looking at the comfort brands because many can accomodate an orthotic, the problem is I don't know if the existing "support" built in under the orthotic would help or hurt you. Also, the insole in my Coach sneakers is removable so that may be an option for you as well. I hope this helps!