Handbags & Purses

Designer Brands You Will Never Buy

fendihunter Posted By fendihunter Posted Sep 29, 2006

1. Brands dont matter to me, it's all the extra junk that some purses have hanging off them or how large they are. I like simple, refined lines. Classic looks that go with everything. I also think bags should fit a body type. Petite women need smaller bags and larger women need larger bags.

2. I can not say "I will never buy..." A brand that I am not attracted to right now might design something amazing later. If its nice and I like it, I will buy it, no matter what brand it is. : )

3. I always thought Dooney & Bourke was kind of overrated. And I CANNOT STAND Vera Bradley

4. wow I posted here awhile ago that I wouldn't buy a balenciaga..but I want one so badly now! hehe I guess I'm back on the bbag train

5. I have a love hate relationship with the LV monogram speedy, which is turning more towards love these days. Due to its commonality, I'd feel like a sheep if I purchased it. I also dislike the small handles and lack of shoulder strap. The shape is also fairly unflattering when it isn't completely filled out.

However, the quality, as I've heard, is brilliant. I love the lock and key feature of the bag and the fact that it has a zipper and pockets.

6. Speedy bandolieure is your answer and its not as common as a regular speedy. ;)

7. I have never had a desire to get a LV mostly because I see so many, but who am I to judge because I have never so much as picked up one to examine it. Since there are so many, and you ladies here rave about them, I know I have to be missing something and I think I must be purposely walking the other way so I don't give in to temptation! LOL

8. I second this! Vera Bradley is the worst everrrrrrrrrr :sick::sick::sick::sick:

9. I have never been loyal to any particular designer or brand in purses. I have, however, noticed that the ones that just so happen to catch my eye a lot are Dooney and Fossil. D&B has been making some stunning bags in my opinion. They are durable and classy. I buy what I like. I just bought a Deux Lux Turquoise Bag at TJ Max that isn't even leather. It is so well made and I get so many compliments on it. It was less than $100.00 and it's fun. I'd rather get a few fun purses to fill in and not invest so much money every single time. I think there is a time and place for them all. :smile:

10. That's why I learned a long time ago to never say never! I just never know when I might decide I like something I didn't care for before. I admit I change my mind at times.:graucho:

11. Believe it or not, I do not like BV, I know its hard to believe but its a brand I am not really fond of. I just cannot understand it and I will NEVER EVER buy it. And if someone give it to me as a present I will definitely resell it ;0 No offense to BV lovers.. >< Just not my thing.

12. I see a few that I like, but that's all I can say about it. I "like" them but wouldn't pay the price because I don't like them THAT much!

13. I agree. I hate having to eat my words at times. :biggrin:

14. Oo fun thread! I love lv stuff but some of the designs...what the h!?

I don't like cerises, that neon graffiti line, the multicolore monogram, the denim line. Some people go crazy for it but it just looks overly trendy and...forgive me...cheap in my opinion. I also don't like the Damier Ebene, but I LOVE Azur! I'm a mono convert- I used to hate that I was essentially a walking billboard, but I really love the history behind the lv mono. Carrying mono makes me feel like I'm a part of some longstanding tradition! Silly :smile:

15. Maybe not a particular brand, but I can't stand monogram bags! Brands that I feel do this a lot are LV, coach, Michael Kors, D&B. I just hate feeling like a walking billboard for their brand!