deoderant

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I prefer stick deoderant. Recently I had problems with my deoderant causing white marks on my clothing sometimes. so I switched to one that claims to be clear and I'm still having the problem. does anyone use gel deoderant? I prefer stick as it goes on dry but would be wiling to try gel if it eliminates this problem. guess you have to wait for it to dry before you finish dressing.

I have tried many clear gel deodorants and the one I like best is Almay hypoallergenic. I have not had any problem with white residue on my clothes while wearing them or after.

The only time I have seen white residue is with a fitted black top that after pulling it on will sometimes have dry white residue near the hem or lower body. This easily brushes off with a washcloth. It doesn’t ever turn white in the underarm area though.

I like unscented deodorant and this one is.

Reactions: 880
I have tried many clear gel deodorants and the one I like best is Almay hypoallergenic. I have not had any problem with white residue on my clothes while wearing them or after.

The only time I have seen white residue is with a fitted black top that after pulling it on will sometimes have dry white residue near the hem or lower body. This easily brushes off with a washcloth. It doesn’t ever turn white in the underarm area though.

I like unscented deodorant and this one is.
the problem I'm having is what you describe, not under the armpits but on the side of a black top from pulling on or off...and it doesn't seem to come off easily with a damp towel

the problem I'm having is what you describe, not under the armpits but on the side of a black top from pulling on or off...and it doesn't seem to come off easily with a damp towel
I forgot to mention, after applying the gel deodorant I use a hairdryer to blow dry the area. I think that dry residue should come off easily.

I don’t know if you have already tried this, but the cloth that you use to remove the residue should be dry not damp.

I saw this tip from a stylist, I don’t remember who. If you are not in a rush and have time to remove the garment, rub the article of clothing against itself. This works well.

I forgot to mention, after applying the gel deodorant I use a hairdryer to blow dry the area. I think that dry residue should come off easily.

I don’t know if you have already tried this, but the cloth that you use to remove the residue should be dry not damp.

I saw this tip from a stylist, I don’t remember who. If you are not in a rush and have time to remove the garment, rub the article of clothing against itself. This works well.
thanks
I have a sponge that's made for brushing clothes...doesn't seem to work on the white streaks...have tried damp towel. will try dry towel next time I guess
This is disappointing because I had been using Dove stick and it left white residue so I went out of my way to buy the Mitichum which was supposed to dry clear

Reactions: Mimmy