Denim stain on a white leather bag!

SugarRx

Feb 11, 2008
I recently wore a long white messenger style aaneta bag into the city and my old blue jens, which have been washed more times that i can remember transfered onto my white bag! Is there anything I can try to use at home to clean the light splotches of blue off myself?

I use Meguiar's leather cleaner lotion for 4 or 5 bucks, you can get it at wal-mart next to the car detailing products. It's originally meant for cleaning the leather seats in nice cars? But it also says you can use it on shoes and handbags, I've been using it on my cream ferragamo pumps, and to clean off denim transfer on my nude miu miu wedges.

I've had no bad experience with it so far for the past year or so, and I've never tried any other leather cleaners, so I don't know anything about appleguard or anything

I'd contact LovinMyBags. I got several things last week and my Miu Miu Coffer looks great. There's a tips section and you can always ask Barbara for her rec's or send it to them for cleaning.

I use Meguiar's leather cleaner lotion for 4 or 5 bucks, you can get it at wal-mart next to the car detailing products. It's originally meant for cleaning the leather seats in nice cars? But it also says you can use it on shoes and handbags, I've been using it on my cream ferragamo pumps, and to clean off denim transfer on my nude miu miu wedges.

I've had no bad experience with it so far for the past year or so, and I've never tried any other leather cleaners, so I don't know anything about appleguard or anything
This is what I was going to suggest. After all, think of all those jeans sitting on white leather.......should work!

the Mr. Clean magic eraser does work to remove dye transfer - IMO - but you have to be careful to be very gentle with it. If you are working on a dyed bag it can remove some of the color from the bag, too. I have never used a magic eraser on a white bag, so I don't know if there are any repercussions. I have used this eraser to remove denim dye from both my rebecca minkoff bags AND the leather seats in my Acura. Works great for me....

Thanks! I'll give it a little spot treatment on the underside and see how it goes!:smile:

the Mr. Clean magic eraser does work to remove dye transfer - IMO - but you have to be careful to be very gentle with it. If you are working on a dyed bag it can remove some of the color from the bag, too. I have never used a magic eraser on a white bag, so I don't know if there are any repercussions. I have used this eraser to remove denim dye from both my rebecca minkoff bags AND the leather seats in my Acura. Works great for me....

Please do not use Magic Erasers to clean your handbags. They damage the finish and may remove pigment as well which will not help to make your leather last a long time. Dye transfer is a problem and if it is on finished leather the longer it is on there the harder it will be to remove. Using a good water based leather protector will help to inhibit the problem and make cleaning easier.

I used some LMB products to take a huge denim stain from the back of my MJ tapioca bag and they worked like a dream. There was no blue color left at all when I was done and Barbara walked me through the steps and was a great help. She also gives a pf discount of 10% with code pf.

I'm having a huge problem with this issue. All of my dark jeans stained my white leather bag and my new light tan leather car seats. For the summer I just decided to wear white jeans and shorts, but now that fall is coming up I want to wear my dark jeans again with a natural colored leather bag so will have the same problem. I've tried Chicos, J. Jill and Loft and they all do it. Some stains (Loft) are easier and some are harder (Chicos) to remove using leather cleaner. Has anyone come across any brand of dark jeans that doesn't bleed color onto leather and lighter clothes?

Thanks. I'm sorry about your car seats. :sad: I used Zymol leather cleaner on the car seats and my bag and they're both clean now, I'm just looking to prevent it from happening again by getting jeans that don't do this if I can.