Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster (new book coming out in August)

1. I just read about this in Vogue, then checked google to read some reviews. It is mostly about handbags, and the author (Dana Thomas) examines the changing roles of luxury brands in society. There are interviews with designers, as well as an investigation of a factory that produces fakes. It comes out August 16.
  2. sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up.
  3. I'll check it out. thanks!
  4. I have been waiting for this book with bated breath! I can't wait until it comes out. I'm sure it will be a fascinating read!
  5. I read an excerpt the other day, sounds really good.
  6. I read about this book in Harper's Bazaar, and I am curious. The author, Dana Thomas, wrote an awesome piece on counterfeiting for Harper's Bazaar that I used for my research paper on that subject. I recommend reading that too. The article is called The Fake Trade: Wanted for Stealing Childhoods. It ran in the January issue of Harper's.
  7. i read about this book a couple of days ago, sounds interesting...will read it when it comes out!
  8. Thanks...sound like its up my alley...
  9. sounds like a must read book for me. thanks for posting.
  10. I'll order it as soon as it comes out.
  11. Thanks for the info soshesaid!
    I have to read it.
  12. Sounds right up my alley, so thank you for posting! :smile:
  13. I remember that article! It shocked me how people could treat innocent children that way!
  14. ^^^ I certainly helped me make a strong argument against counterfeit goods. I got an A on the paper I wrote.
  15. I definitely want to read this one!