Defective Louboutins?

1. I just purchased a pair of the Decollete 868 in beige patent with the wood platform from Barney's online. I've only worn the shoes around the house for about 1/2 an hour to break them in. Already, the patent is puckering at the back seam on the heel, even though the shoes are NOT too tight in the heel. Is this normal for this style in the patent or did I get a defective pair? This is my first pair of Louboutins, so I'm not familiar enough with them to know.

Considering that I got one of the two last pairs of this style and it's now sold out, I hate to return it. But I also hate to think of paying so much for a defective shoe. Has anyone else experienced this with their patent Louboutins?

2. I don't have patent CL's but I also just had to return a defective pair of CLs! I wore them for one day and both of the heels spilt! I only weigh 135 lbs. so I hope the shoes could hold me! LOL! But seriously they were expensive and it was a huge disappointment. I returned them and another pair is being sent out, I just hope the entire lot isn't defective. Good luck with yours, I am not sure the best thing to do, but they are very expensive to have a less tahn perfect pair IMO.

3. Hi Morgan, can you post pictures of the problem. I think that I understand what you are referring to and I have also noticed patent leather pucker on some CLs. Based on the way that you are describing it, it does not seem like a defect but rather a natural characteristic of the patent leather which should not be considered a flaw. But I could give you a better opinion if you post some pictures. I will also try to take some photos of my patent leather CLs after they have been worn so that you can see how the leather ages.

4. I don't know if this is a defect, but after wearing my simple pumps a couple of times the insole part is very wrinkled near the front. It hasn't come unglued though. Has anyone had this problem?

5. Morgan, I have those same pair of decolletes -- the sand colored ones with the wood platform. Unfortunately, I haven't worn mine yet, even though I bought them some time ago. When I get home tonight, I'll run around the house in them before I report back. I'm curious to see whether the patent starts puckering on my heel.

6. CL patent leather is different from the patent leather used on most shoes as it's a softer patent that is bound to naturally pucker -- the degree of puckering (even on brand new shoes in the stores) is a luck of the draw; depending on style, which factory it was made in, etc.

7. I think I know what you are talking about post a pic. I think it is just how the patent leather is wrapped when made on the back of the shoe.

8. Here are some photos. They're a little dark, but the flash made it too bright. Basically, the heels look lumpy and rippled.

P1010284a.jpg P1010285a.jpg P1010286a.jpg P1010287a.jpg P1010288a.jpg
  9. Hmm...my patent decolletes "ripple" slightly along the outer sides and I figured it was because the leather was so soft, particularly for patent. But the heels of my shoes dont look lumpy like your pics. :confused1:

10. No, what you are talking about is not what I was thinking of. I noticed on my patent CLs there is a small 'fold' at the bottom back of the heels where the sole meets the leather that is just from the way the patent leather is wrapped on the shoe. It is near the back seam.

The ripples as shown in your pics are not normal imo. I would return them for another pair as it would really bother me.

11. Morgan, if this bothers you significantly then you should exchange them for another pair. However, I have noticed this on almost every pair of my patent leather CLs. I agree with Foxy's comment that CL uses very soft patent leather, so I think that this is a common occurence in CL shoes. It doesn't bother me because I feel that it doesn't take away from the beauty of the shoes. But if you are going to be worried about it then try to find another pair with less puckering.
    I am including some photos of patent leather VPs where the patent is slightly wrinkled on both the heel portion and the platform in the front, I think that this is very common on CLs:

PICT0012.jpg
  12. Mine look like that also. It doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, definitely exchange it.