Dedicated to all MANOLO's owners... POST PICS!!!

Speaking of quality control issues, I put on my leopard print pony hair Campari that I bought in January on to see if I had fully broken them in (I finally wore them once last weekend) and the left strap SNAPPED off when I was taking them off! :mad:The elastic part holding the buckle in place pulled off of the shoe, so the strap and the little round button buckle thing are no longer attached. These fit and I don't even have wide/fat feet or anything!

Has anyone ever had this problem/know whether they can be repaired? It seems kind of complicated because the elastic holding the strap in place has come detached from the shoe, so you'd have to thread the elastic through the strap and then somehow reattach the elastic to the base.

Fortunately you can tell I've only worn them one time since there's nearly no scuffing and I miraculously still have the receipt from Nordstroms, so I'm calling tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything. Regardless, I'm totally devastated! :cry:

I recommend Leather Spa on W. 55th in NYC. They have a website, leatherspa.com This is the place that Manolo Blahnik uses for all their work (so do the other high end shoe stores in NY). I go there but also ship my shoes to them when I'm too lazy to stand in line (and there is always a long line to get in). For a shoe like an MB, I wouldn't trust just any shoemaker.

Hi everyone,

First time poster here, can anyone help me id the style of these MBs? I can't seem to find them online anywhere. Thanks very much in advance.

Attachments

• pic1 (Small).jpg
    pic1 (Small).jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • pic2 (Small).jpg
    pic2 (Small).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • pic3 (Small).jpg
    pic3 (Small).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Speaking of quality control issues, I put on my leopard print pony hair Campari that I bought in January on to see if I had fully broken them in (I finally wore them once last weekend) and the left strap SNAPPED off when I was taking them off! :mad:The elastic part holding the buckle in place pulled off of the shoe, so the strap and the little round button buckle thing are no longer attached. These fit and I don't even have wide/fat feet or anything!

Has anyone ever had this problem/know whether they can be repaired? It seems kind of complicated because the elastic holding the strap in place has come detached from the shoe, so you'd have to thread the elastic through the strap and then somehow reattach the elastic to the base.

Fortunately you can tell I've only worn them one time since there's nearly no scuffing and I miraculously still have the receipt from Nordstroms, so I'm calling tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything. Regardless, I'm totally devastated! :cry:

I had something similar happen once, I just dropped them back to MB Boutique and they shipped them back to Italy for repair, no questions asked and no charge. When they phoned me to say they were ready I couldn't collect them so they sent them by courier to where I happened to be at that time. That is what you call service.

I have been admiring the lovely pics on this thread for a while and finally decided to get a pair of Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes. I pre-ordered a pair from Saks (pictured below) and they finally came yesterday. I was so excited to get these, but I am sad to say that the condition of these shoes was terrible. I have honestly never seen such poor workmanship. The patent leather toe was all creased and scuffed. There was also glue coming out everywhere on the heel and the finishing was all rough. If I didn't order them from Saks I would have thought they were fakes! I can't believe that shoes in this condition would pass quality control. They were clearly not worn as the bottoms were pristine.

I am returning them to Saks this weekend. I would like to look at some other pairs, but I am a little soured on Manolo. Do you ladies find that there are any quality issues with his shoes? I honestly thought the quality would be superior to that of CL and other designers, but from this pair I am skeptical.
It sounds like they were a return perhaps a fake and sent out without being checked. I had that happen to me once with a bag that I purchsed from Nordstrom.
I have a lot of CL shoes and just recently got into MB. Honestly I think MB is superior in terms of quality as well as comfort.

Here are the shoes that got me interested in MB. I found them at NM Last Call for 40% off the markdown price so I tried them and fell in love. The last pair I got on sale from NM. I have since added a couple more pairs as well. I am thrilled to find a shoe that is comfortable, well made and so pretty.

Attachments

• 007 (3).JPG
    007 (3).JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 989
  • 004 (5).JPG
    004 (5).JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 977
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 986
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 1,003
megt10 said:
Here are the shoes that got me interested in MB. I found them at NM Last Call for 40% off the markdown price so I tried them and fell in love. The last pair I got on sale from NM. I have since added a couple more pairs as well. I am thrilled to find a shoe that is comfortable, well made and so pretty.

I love them all!

I recommend Leather Spa on W. 55th in NYC. They have a website, leatherspa.com This is the place that Manolo Blahnik uses for all their work (so do the other high end shoe stores in NY). I go there but also ship my shoes to them when I'm too lazy to stand in line (and there is always a long line to get in). For a shoe like an MB, I wouldn't trust just any shoemaker.

Leather Spa also has a stand in the downstairs food concourse of Grand Central station and there is rarely a line. They deliver the shoes to the same facility that the other location uses and then they just bring them back to the Grand Central location.

Got the Ruggina a couple of seasons ago, but still haven't had the opportunity to wear them. Guess I'll save them for the fall/winter... unless someone knows a good summer look for peep toe wedge booties.

Attachments

• image-144794218.jpg
    image-144794218.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 969
Got the Ruggina a couple of seasons ago, but still haven't had the opportunity to wear them. Guess I'll save them for the fall/winter... unless someone knows a good summer look for peep toe wedge booties.

I LOVE those boots and they look great on you! I bought them and had to return them, my legs are thin and they just looked ridiculous on me.

I got these from the Barney's sale they are the Subbita and they are so comfortable. I was able to wear them all day the first time I wore them.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 823
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 809
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 806
I bought these vintage pink "shoe boots" and wondered if any of you ladies knew the style?

TIA

Attachments

• image-3178772378.jpg
    image-3178772378.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 717
  • image-3955286130.jpg
    image-3955286130.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 710
  • image-580610007.jpg
    image-580610007.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 711
  • image-316269237.jpg