Decision '08: Rebecca Minkoff No Strings vs. Matinee?

1. Jenny-I would go with the Matinee over the No Strings... I think you'll get more use out of it and you can carry more as well. Plus, the matinee can really show off the leather better. ;)
  2. I love the No Strings, however I think the colors available would really limit when/where you can wear it. The matinee, however, comes in so many versatile colors. I find the matinee pretty comfortable on the shoulder (more so than my MAB) but I don't have the No Strings (yet!) either.
  3. I don't have either bag, but I agree with lawgirl - the No Strings satchel is a beautiful bag, but I think the colors & style really limit how often you could carry it. It doesn't appear to be as versatile as the Matinee for everyday use. I've encountered this dilemma myself - I absolutely love the No Strings Clutch in Nickel/Sand, but I would only buy this clutch if I could find a really good deal on it, since my lifestyle limits the amount of time that I could really get good use out of a clutch.
  4. I agree with everyone. The No Strings is a gorgeous bag, prettier even than the Matinee IMO, but it wouldn't be useful for me for every day.

I am also thinking about the new Steady bag Rebecca has coming out - that looks like a really functional, gorgeous bag! Can't wait to see it in person.
  5. I love the convertibility of the No Strings, and the fact that it's a "lesser known" and therefore not as ubiquitous style. But, I don't have it so I can't really help with your original question. I like it though!
  6. The Matinee. I don't care for the other bag at all though, so I am biased!
  7. So y'all think the No Strings is too dressy? I do have a gold bag already-- I guess I should wait till the spring bags come out.
  8. I would go for the Matinee. It has lots of pockets, ample storage space, and looks a heck of a lot better than the "No Strings" IMO.
  9. The Matinee. I just bought my first one and say that I am in love with it.
  10. I actually really like the No Strings, but of the color choices available, the rose gold/white is the only one I really like. I can't have a white purse! I'm paranoid enough as it is that something will damage my bags. :sweatdrop: The Matinee is too wide for my taste.
  11. I love, love, love the No Strings satchel! It's on my hit list of bags to get, in the white/rosegold color. However, I already have the Matinee (and looooooooooove it), and haven't yet seen the NS in person. Regarding comfort, Matinee fits over my shoulder pretty comfortably, but if you have it stuffed to the gills it might be a little round under the arm.

NS looks like a much more "girly" bag and the Matinee is more "sporty".