December Sales Question

1. Hi there,
    I'm wondering about December sales. Do I need to call JC stores and see if they have the bags I am interested in or on-line will I have better luck. I called a JC store in SF yesterday and the guy there said the sale will be 30% first and then if anything is left it will go to 50% off. I am interested in a Mahala, purple or another color in that style or a Ramona, in black. What are my chances of getting that at 50% off and when in December. I feel like I need advice before the sale starts so I have the opportunity to buy what I'm interested in. At that location the man said bags move very quickly at full retail. So I'm pretty much out of luck there. Although he was very helpful. On November 6th Saks put all the colors except Black 50% off in the Mahala. I checked on Thursday and everything was sold out. I would love to hear any advice anyone has for getting my hands on a Mahala or a Ramona at 50% off. Is that too much to ask? Seriously, is that too much to wish for?:girlsigh:
  2. Some places will allow you to preselect an item. It may or may not be charged at full price, and then re-charged at the sales price. Ask. And IMHO - it is important to have a relationship with your handbag SAs. After all, most are handbag nuts, too. I always have fun talking to them, even when I'm not buying. And the ones that are not local, I periodic call to see how they are doing. Lots of great gals out there, just like on tPF...and I always tell the SAs about tPF.
  3. The bags you are looking at are very popular. I'd say if you find it at 30% off get it while you can!
    jburgh made a good point with the pre-sale issue.
  4. Good info to know. Thanks for sharing.