Deborah Lippman - Raves and Rants

View attachment 3306380
I put on two layers of Deborah Lippmann Baby Love and it kind of looks like I don't have anything on my nails. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this, if Lippmann polishes require more layers, or what's going on.

Baby Love is billed as a sheer. If you don't like to add more layers, I'd stay clear of her sheers. One exception would be Dirty Little Secret, not as sheer but does show VNL at 2 coats (I swatched the color in store, I didn't purchase it).

Does anyone know if Love Story is opaque? How many coats to get full opacity? I have so many sheer pale pinks and I don't need any more sheers :biggrin: But I really want an opaque pale pink too. And I was happy with how opaque DL Blue Orchid is... so I was eyeing Love Story and kind of hoping it's opaque in 1 or maybe 2 coats like Blue Orchid is.

Does anyone know if Love Story is opaque? How many coats to get full opacity? I have so many sheer pale pinks and I don't need any more sheers :biggrin: But I really want an opaque pale pink too. And I was happy with how opaque DL Blue Orchid is... so I was eyeing Love Story and kind of hoping it's opaque in 1 or maybe 2 coats like Blue Orchid is.

I swatched Love Story in store and it's opaque after two coats. If you're really good you could do it in one, I remember being a bit shocked at the coverage. I didn't keep it on long though as the color didn't suit my skin tone, it was Love Story I was more interested in, although I passed on both. Oddly when I went back to the store a week later, the testers were gone and I couldn't find stock of either color.

The colors from the Sweets For My Sweet mini collection are now available for purchase individually full size at Deborah Lippmann.

Sugar, Sugar (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel orange (crème)
DL Spring 2016 sugar_sugar.jpg

Lemon Drop (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel yellow (crème)
DL Spring 2016 lemon_drop.jpg

Sweet Pea
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel green (crème)
DL Spring 2016 sweet_pea.jpg

My Boy Lollipop
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel blue (
crème)
DL Spring 2016 my_boy_lollipop.jpg

All Day Sucker
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel lavender
(
crème)
DL Spring 2016 all_day_sucker.jpg

Candy Girl (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel pink, (crème)
DL Spring 2016 candy_girl.jpg

The colors from the Sweets For My Sweet mini collection are now available for purchase individually full size at Deborah Lippmann.

Sugar, Sugar (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel orange (crème)
View attachment 3311835

Lemon Drop (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel yellow (crème)
View attachment 3311833

Sweet Pea
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel green (crème)
View attachment 3311836

My Boy Lollipop
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel blue (
crème)
View attachment 3311834

All Day Sucker
(Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel lavender
(
crème)
View attachment 3311831

Candy Girl (Limited Edition), $18
full-coverage pastel pink, (crème)
View attachment 3311832

These are pretty! Do you know how the color of My Boy Lollipop compares to Blue Orchid? My sister is thinking about light sky blue nails for her wedding, but Blue Orchid leaned too much towards purple and was too muted for her skin tone...we are keeping an eye out for a sky blue that's light but still saturated. Hmmm!

I swatched Love Story in store and it's opaque after two coats. If you're really good you could do it in one, I remember being a bit shocked at the coverage. I didn't keep it on long though as the color didn't suit my skin tone, it was Love Story I was more interested in, although I passed on both. Oddly when I went back to the store a week later, the testers were gone and I couldn't find stock of either color.

Oooh, thanks!! I got a bottle from nordstrom.com and I'm waiting for it in the mail. I hope the color is OK for my skin tone but I guess I'll find out.

These are pretty! Do you know how the color of My Boy Lollipop compares to Blue Orchid? My sister is thinking about light sky blue nails for her wedding, but Blue Orchid leaned too much towards purple and was too muted for her skin tone...we are keeping an eye out for a sky blue that's light but still saturated. Hmmm!

I don't own either and to be honest when I first saw the Sweets mini set I thought most were reissues of her spring collection a few years back. I guess not since she issued the new pastels full size on her site and Blue Orchid is still available. Here is a comparison I put together between the colors from Vampy Varnish:

Blue Orchid (left) vs My Boy Lollipop (right)
Blue Orchid (l) vs My Boy Lollipop (r).jpg

I don't own either and to be honest when I first saw the Sweets mini set I thought most were reissues of her spring collection a few years back. I guess not since she issued the new pastels full size on her site and Blue Orchid is still available. Here is a comparison I put together between the colors from Vampy Varnish:

Blue Orchid (left) vs My Boy Lollipop (right)
View attachment 3312166

Thank you!!

I got DL Love Story in the mail today. I like it! I thought it might be too gray or too muted for me when I was looking at the bottle color, but when I put it on, it's just right :smile: It reminds me of OPI Bubble Bath's beige version with only a tiny hint of pink... except very opaque.

Here's a picture of Love Story on my pinky finger, but please excuse how awful my nails look at the moment. I was doing craft stuff with acetone and haven't fixed them yet. I just swatched it on top of the mess. I'll try to fix my nails up and take a better picture at some point.

Attachments

• 114c692a69f91834de410c7647bb02b3.jpg
    114c692a69f91834de410c7647bb02b3.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 193
Five colors from last year's mini Undressed set are now available full size at Deborah Lippmann.

Skin Deep, $18
full coverage sable nude crème
DL Undressed skin_deep.jpg

Natural Woman, $18
full coverage almond nude crème
DL Undressed natural_woman.jpg

Flesh For Fantasy, $18
full coverage alabaster nude creme
DL Undressed flesh_for_fantasy.jpg

Born This Way, $18
full coverage peach nude crème
DL Undressed born_this_way.jpg

Bare It All, $18
full coverage mauve nude crème
DL Undressed-bare_it_all.jpg

DL Pretty In Pink.jpg

Pretty In Pink Nail Lacquer Set, $34

A six-piece set of full-coverage, fashion-size shades of pink polish.

A pink lover’s dream come true, this bouquet of hues—from soft powder pink to bold and bright—will delight the senses. The versatile set has a shade for any occasion, whether office-appropriate or a night out on the town. You’ll be tickled pink day in and day out.

6 x 0.27 oz Nail Polish in Think Pink! (ballet pink), Pink Cashmere (dusty pink), Tickle Me Pink (posy pink), In The Pink (carnation pink), Pink Cadillac (orchid pink), Kissin' Pink (hot pink)

'Life's a Beach' Nail Color Duo (Limited Edition) ($25 Value)
$17.00
DL Life's A Beach Mini Set.jpgDL Life's A Beach The Tide Is High Break 4 Love.jpg

Tropical, bright and playful. Brave the waves with this limited-edition nail color duo by Deborah Lippmann.
Shades include:

- The Tide is High (an aquatic blue creme)
- Break 4 Love (a bubblegum pink creme)
  • 0.27 oz. each.
  • By Deborah Lippmann; made in the USA.

After Midnight
fall 2016 collection

Available now at Deborah Lippmann.

2016 Fall DL Smoke Gets In Your Eyes.jpg 2016 Fall DL After Midnight.jpg 2016 Fall DL Wild Thing.jpg 2016 Fall DL Love Hangover.jpg

l-r
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, $20
full coverage smokey blue crème

After Midnight, $20
full coverage dark indigo crème

Wild Thing, $20
full coverage deep peacock crème

Love Hangover, $20
full coverage plum mauve crème