Deborah Lippman - Raves and Rants

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
There doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to DL nail polish (just mentions here and there in other threads), so I thought that I would start one.

I just got my first DL polish in the mail yesterday ("Waking Up in Vegas") and I have to say that for the price, I'm a little disappointed. I really like the color, but the consistency was very think and kind of unmanageable.

I'm new, and this is a new thread so I'll chime in ^^;

My first 3 DL polishes arrived a week ago. I've been wearing Bad Romance for the last week, and it looks great although it started chipping after about 3 days. The black polish with pink glitter was a bit unique but now I'm wearing it I'm totally into it, can't wait to test Across the Universe which is blue with blue/green glitter.

My other colours is Today was a Fairytale, but I see that one as more of a ''add on top if you want sparkles' kinda thing. :amuse:

There doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to DL nail polish (just mentions here and there in other threads), so I thought that I would start one.

I just got my first DL polish in the mail yesterday ("Waking Up in Vegas") and I have to say that for the price, I'm a little disappointed. I really like the color, but the consistency was very think and kind of unmanageable.

Wait until waking up in vegas sits and settles, the color seperates into a yellow polish and grey polish. It's quite ugly.

Wait until waking up in vegas sits and settles, the color seperates into a yellow polish and grey polish. It's quite ugly.

I've never really had that happen to my Lippmanns. You know the last 2 times I bought from RBL, the polish had already started to separate? The color was yellow around the top of the bottle. But it's fine. I just shake it up.

I'm just glad their All That Jazz set polishes can be purchased separately now. Some ladies wanted to get just Lady Sings The Blues and didn't want to get the whole set.

I bought 2 bottles in December that I have yet to try. I have bought so many polishes since I started hanging out in these enabling ;) threads that I have too many to try.
I really need to try these.

Has anyone who's used the glitter polishes had trouble removing them? I used to have a pink glitter polish from Cover Girl that I loved, but it took serious effort to remove because the little pieces of glitter were grainy and really stuck to the nail.

I love my glitters but the chunkier they are, the more annoying they are to remove. The tin foil method works best for glitter.

I love DL. Has to be one of my fav NP's.

Has anybody seen the spring line out yet? My Nordstrom says they won't have them until March. Is that same for all Nordstroms?

I wanted to buy DL Waking Up in Vegas really bad but I found a dupe for it. Sally Hansen's Wet Cement. It is slightly lighter but I actually like it better. I saw a swatch online next to WUIV and it looked really good next to it.

Has anyone who's used the glitter polishes had trouble removing them? I used to have a pink glitter polish from Cover Girl that I loved, but it took serious effort to remove because the little pieces of glitter were grainy and really stuck to the nail.
I don't have trouble removing Lippman glitters, only other brands. Not sure why. I do use 2 coats of base coat when doing glitters or reds or anything that I think will stain. With glitters though, 100% acetone is the way to go for me. Just faster and easier. It's a pain when not using 100% acetone in my experience.