Dealing with rain & bags

Collonil waterstop spray for treated leather and collonil leather gel and waterstop spray for natural leathers....... Layered on Multiple times!!

Plus a plastic carrier bag for extreme downpours in the UK

Collonil also make a suede waterstop and uv protection spray, however I always check the weather report before using my suede or untreated bags - just not worth the risk IMO

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465113851.755630.jpg

An absolute must is to ensure the bag is completely dry before storing away - it it does get wet, pack it with newspaper and replace regularly as this will draw out the moisture

Collonil waterstop spray for treated leather and collonil leather gel and waterstop spray for natural leathers....... Layered on Multiple times!!

Plus a plastic carrier bag for extreme downpours in the UK

Collonil also make a suede waterstop and uv protection spray, however I always check the weather report before using my suede or untreated bags - just not worth the risk IMO

View attachment 3373827

An absolute must is to ensure the bag is completely dry before storing away - it it does get wet, pack it with newspaper and replace regularly as this will draw out the moisture

+1 for the collonil. It's excellent. But I carry a nylon bag when I know it's going to rain heavily. I don't want to tempt fate. Tarrago makes,a,good nanoprotector spray as well.

If I know it will rain, I will switch my designer handbag out for something older and cheaper! There are occasions where I was caught unaware. I sometimes use my blazer to cover my handbags, haha!

Colonial sprays are excellent, even for other quality leather goods like your shoes!
German made company, what's not to trust?

Just my 2c, the LV damier and monogram are usually made from a canvas leather and can take a fair bit of wear and abuse. I'm never worried about my weekender in the rain - I just have a cloth in my bag to wipe up the excess and it's good to go! (Just don't forget to close the zips)