Daylight Saving Time to start this weekend

1. Daylight Saving Time starts this weekend for everyone living in the USA. So spring forward and be sure to set your clocks one hour ahead when you go to bed on Saturday night.

One of the biggest proponents of DST during the early 1900's was the fashion and merchant industry. It allowed people time to go window shopping after work rather than just heading home. It also spurned a new trend for fashion called the "5 to midnight" outfit.

I am reading a book called Spring Forward: The Annual Madness of Daylight Saving Time by Michael Downing. It is a very funny book and full of useless information that only a weirdo like me would find fascinating! The author does a great job of telling humorous stories about the industries and leaders who were both for and against DST. Many of whom often switched sides.

Did you know that there was no such thing as standard time in this country until the invention of the railroad?

2. Woohoo it'll be daylight when I get the hell out of work! :wlae:

3. I love me some daylight savings !!!! :yahoo:

Actually, thanks for the reminder !:shame:

4. Dumb question which I can never seem to remember the answer: Do we lose or gain an hour of sleep?

5. LOSE!
    Since you spring forward you will actually be going to bed an hour later. Here's my question: How are we exactly saving time?

6. One of the biggest proponents of DST during the early 1900's was the fashion and merchant industry. It allowed people time to go window shopping after work rather than just heading home. It also spurned a new trend for fashion called the "5 to midnight" outfit.

Shopping for clothing or accessories after work while still light out side, always makes me happy and optimistic, especially here in New York City. People are inclined to want to hang out more without having to rush home because its dark.

7. I never like when DST rolls around, I like falling back so much better. I get up so early, I'd rather get up when it's light like it has been for the last week or so. Sigh.

8. I've never actually lived somewhere that has DST :smile: Arizona gets plenty of sun as it is!

9. Ehh... I guess I don't care either way. But when I was swimming, that meant morning practice that Monday felt like it was at 4 am and not 5, which was the biggest bummer ever. It took me at least 2 weeks to get that on track :shrugs:

10. springing forward ALWAYS throws me off for a few days... thanks for the reminder, i probably would forget and be even more confused...lol

11. I love it!! It's that first sign of long and sunny summer days ahead!

12. Woo hooo, Love daylight savings time.. spring and summr are getting closer, woo hoo!!!

Do we spring forward at 2am on Saturday, or what time?

13. Ugh, I hate it. :sad: Now my BF and I are three hours apart instead of two. :sad:

14. Aww, sorry EmilyK.. I know how thats feeling at my BF is in Cali now and I hate the time change, while my day is ending, he is just going out.. sucks!

15. WHAT? it feels like wejust fell back yesterday!!!
    wow. where has this year gone?