Davines hair product line??

1. A salon near my house just started carrying this line...I have never heard of it before, but the staff at the salon said it was featured in Jane magazine.

The salon sells Kerastase, etc. so I know it is high quality, but I just wanted to get some opinions of my beloved TPF members!! :smile:
  2. Couturegrl - My hair stylist recommended this product as this is one of the lines she uses in her salon. Honestly, it's a mediocre product and one I will not repurchase. I have the Love (pink) shampoo and the Love conditioner in a tub. The scent is fig extract and it's ok.

There are other shampoos that I like better, rotate and repurchase.
  3. Oh thankyou so much!! I was so curious bc of the organic ingredients, etc. but I am so glad to hear your opinion of it!! :smile:

I could not find any reviews of it on makeupalley's website...weird!
  4. my hair dresser uses this and i wasn't all that impressed with it until i tried the color treated line. it's the norishing illuminating one. it's FANTASTIC. i get bored easily and hardly ever repurchase, but i'm on my second tub of conditioner. i've also tried the deep treatment and the green line for normal to dry hair...both of those are only okay. but if your hair is dry or treated at all i highlyhighly reccommend the illuminating one.
  5. Cool! I will check that out! Thanks:smile:
  6. Is it called "NouNou"? I can't find the 'illuminating' part on davines.com
  7. yup, that's the one.
  8. Cool! Thanks!!
  9. Just to let you know that I purchased the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I have not tried it yet because I want to finish my full size of Karastese Cromo line first.

I might use Davines on regular basis because I'm finding it very frustrating to find retailers selling Karastese.
  10. ^Let me know how you like it...The Chroma Kerastase line is what I am using now, too. I would love to know how Davines compares :smile:
  11. I've used some of the styling products from Davines and they smell incredible!!
  12. I will let you know but it will be over a month at least before I try Davines.

I'm wanted to switch to Davines because it is difficult to find Kerastase line in my area. :sad:
  13. Hi, here is an update....

I have not tried the shampoo and conditioner yet, but this morning I slept in and needed to smooth out my hair. I used Davines No1. It is an oil that has almond oil in it. It did not make my hair glossy, or oily, but left my hair feeling so soft (which is rare because I have frizzy hair and found it worked better than Kerastase) and there was a nice sheen.

What was a bonus was the fact that it smelled really nice but not overpowering. I can't help but wonder if the scent would be stronger if it was hot and humid here.

I don't know if this product is good to use before you are using your hair straightener iron, to protect from the heat.
  14. I know this is kind of an old thread, but has anyone had any recent experience with this line? My salon started carrying this line and I'm thinking about trying it out.
  15. I use NouNou too! I really like it! :smile: