Date Code Reference for Individual LV Pieces

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there everyone!

This thread is meant to be a pictorial reference for the location of date codes on each different bag/wallet/piece that LV makes.

On many occasions, our members ask sellers on eBay to locate the date code on the bag that is up for auction in order to help verify authenticity. Sometimes, we don't know exactly where the date code is located or how to find it! The date code may look slightly different depending on whether it is stamped into alacantra or a leather tab, or stamped and colored, as on epi black pieces, and can throw a buyer off in terms of whether the date code looks correct or not.

So let this be the source of all answers to the question "Where can I find the date code?" And, "Does my date code look correct?"

This thread could be a fabulous place to answer those questions if each member can contribute their item's information in picture format along with a description. If the contributing member is so inclined, the following information would be wonderful!:

The name of the item and picture
    The location of date code and a picture also
    The date of availability, if it was a Limited Edition piece

2. Glace Multicles Cafe color (4 key holder)
    the date code is located at the bottom of the wallet, inside the flap pocket imprinted into the bottom. CA1022
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Mono Mini Pochette
    the date code is located inside the bag, imprinted on a leather tab on the same side as the 'made in' leaf. FL1015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Marelle sac a dos. A monogram backpack from 2005.
    This bag has an interior pocket. If you face the pocket, the date code is stamped on a leather tab located in the right hand seam. SR0025
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The Carnet de notes. A monogramed refillable notepad.
    This pad has a slit pocket to the right, if you are facing the interior of the item, where the notepad itself slips into. Take the notepad out and look in the bottom next to the seam for the date code. MI0045
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. The small Groom Agenda. A late 2006 line.
    The date code for this item can be found by opening the agenda, looking inside the left jacket flap pocket (if you are looking at the interior of the agenda) and looking toward the bottom seam of the agenda. (Where my finger is pointing) The date code of this item is printed upside down. (ie;flip the agenda over to read the gold gilded print the right way). CA0076
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Speedy 30 from 1995.
    This purse has an interior flap pocket. If you lift the flap pocket up, you will see where the handles attach to the interior of the bag. Look at the left most leather tab that holds that end of the handle in to find the printed date code. SD0915
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. And for the last piece in my current collection, the new, the much awaited, the frenzy inducing..............

Pomme D'Amour Coeur. The new LV red heart !
    This heart opens up and has two main, big, walls to the heart and two interior, smaller, collapsible walls to keep change from falling out on either side. Unzip the heart all the way. Look at the same wall that has the 'made in' stamp. To the right of that, look at the collapsible wall, specifically at the section closest to the 'made in' stamped wall. On that collapsible wall, nearest the 'made in' stamp you will find your date code. TH1016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ^^^A February/Valentines Day 2007 launch LE^^^

10. Date code location for a Babylone, since a few people have asked about it. (older version)Located underside of the zipper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New version is located on a tag inside the zippered pocket.
    [​IMG]

11. Cerises Cles
    Date code is located along the side

[​IMG]

Damier Pocket Agenda
    Date code is located behind the trademark heat stamp flap:

[​IMG]

12. Question: Do the date code pics have to be ours? What if someone's looking for a date code pic of a bag that no one has?

13. As long as its legal, why not?
    I have seen some wonderful pix, but I like to ask people to post them themselves!

14. hi. my hubby got me a manhattan pm, and for the life of me, i don't know where the date code is on this thing. can anyone help? thanks a bunch.

15. Aurelia GM - Can somebody post a pic of the date code location please. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.