Date Code/ "MADE IN" Questions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  2. Thank you very much for posting this!!! I've always wondered why there were so many diff first 2 letters .

Does anyone know if dependng on where it was made, affects its quality? I noticed a few times that people say they are looking for one that was made in France--but never understood why just France?
  3. Its just a personal preference thats all. It has nothing to do with quality. :flowers:
  4. I see some White MC pochettes have date code starting by 2 letters SD. Are they fake?
  5. You are so resourceful amamxr!
  6. Thanks Addy, I cant take all the credit for this. I found info all over from other sources and stuck em all together. It makes it easier to refer to being all on just a couple of pages..:yes:
  7. Awesome information! Thanks.
  8. Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this...I also hate searching through the threads! 100 purse karma points to you !
  9. amamxr, thanks for great information!
    However, I'm confused now b/c I see some MC pochettes have date code SD:confused1: . From what you posted, SD is just for Mono. Sorry, I'm still a newbie :shame:
  10. Its perfectly fine ask to questions we all have to learn . I am not sure about the Multi-Color Pochettes? before adding anything to the list we should probably ask Addy or Lee or John in the Authenticate Forum if they have ever seen MC with the SD date codes?
    You want to ask them.. please do and post here what you find out ok?:yes:
  11. hi all! i just bought the Damier Speedy 30 from the LV flagship store in paris ... but i am very worried about fakes. my date code says DU1016. According to the reference guide, I know DU is made in France but only for the France monogram canvas but what about the Damier? Thanks very much for your help!
  12. This list is not set in stone and many more need to be added. Just like yours we now have to add DU- Damier Speedy's (purchased from Paris):yes:
  13. thanks so much! i was having a panic attack since this was my first purchase and i was worried someone did a switcheroo! now im relieved and i hope i can get VAT back haha :yes:
  14. This is super helpful! :yes:
  15. I have yet to see any MC with the prefix date code "SD".

Do you have any pics of those MC Pochettes, coolface?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.