DARNIT! Am I the only one who...

1. ...hates shopping for gifts because they end up spending money on themselves, too!!!
    I tried doing everything online this year, because the first B&M store I entered with intention of buying a gift, I bought a 30 dollar gift and spent 100 on things for me. I was kicking butt by only shopping online until I flip through this thread or that thread and find something else I have to have!!!:nuts:
    I think I am done now. I only have my sister left, and shoes for the BF, so I should be ok, but it makes me so mad at myself.
    Just had to get that out. I have a feeling I am not the only girl around here that enjoys her shopping, so I am guessing someone else will relate!:supacool:
  2. No worries. I just bought a gift at sephora (cost $30), but the total damage on my credit card was over $180. Things happen, sales keep alluring us to spend more and more money. I'm telling you....going shopping these days is counterproductive. I come home with more stuff for myself than for others. The funny thing is that it's always around the holidays! The sales must be too hard to resist and the fact that we're all in a spending kind of spirit.
  3. I'm the same way, I always end up finding something for myself also. My mom and I tried to start Christmas shopping early this year..but we came home with not one present, but for ourselves!!:push: Opps...but you know its a good gift at least when you want one also!:shame:
  4. I always end up buying myself a little 'treat' , it makes me happy!
  5. Don't be mad! Just think of it as part of your gift giving - to YOURSELF! LOL I do it too. And it's actually the only time of year I really do end up getting myself nice things. Although when I shop online I don't tend to get myself as much as when I'm at a craft/art show or the mall. :smile:
  6. Oh goodness you certainly aren't the only one. I do my best shopping for MYSELF during this time! LOL :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
  7. I hesitate to say this, but having recently wound up a weight-loss required Complete Wardrobe Replacement, which involved some rather intensive shopping activity over a period of months, I have noticed that the "Holiday Sale" catalogs I am now receiving contain many items whose price is higher than it was a couple of months ago.

Therefore, I cannot recommend this particular time of year as a good one for shopping. Retail establishments earn something like 50 or 60 percent of their entire annual income during the holiday season. For some, that percentage will be even higher.

While there will certainly be examples of "loss leaders," where a store lowers the price of one item to bring customers to the store, where prices of everything else have actually been left unchanged or raised, for the most part, this is about the worst time of year to shop for anything! I am sorry.
  9. Thank you, Miss Rose, but in addition to being one of those pathological internet security hardliners, I have an extreme aversion to being photographed. This is a source of constant annoyance to family and friends, lately I have been trying to convince them that I am simply not able to be photographed, for reasons not readily explainable by the current state of Science.
  10. ALWAYS!! :sweatdrop: My credit cards aren't going to well right now!
  11. If you can afford it, I don't see a problem with spendin' a little somin' somin' on yourself;) . Shopping is one of the things I love about the holiday season, well OK all year round but with the holidays there's all the pretty decorations and festive music. :tender: I am such a sucker for the holidays!

Glad you are almost done with your holiday shopping. I, on the other hand, have yet to even begin.
  12. Shimmapuff :roflmfao: you are too much!
  13. :smartass: Brilliant!!! This made me LOL!
  14. Oh dear ... I do that all the time, not just Xmas, but anytime I need to shop for someone else I end up looking for things for moi - how selfish. :nuts:
  15. lol... this has always been a problem of mine too.so see, you are not the only one.