The Wardrobe

Dark wine colored dress-what color shoes?

Posted By DlkinVegas Posted Feb 5, 2008

1. Black is too blah. Should I go with silver or maybe a bronze/brownish color? What about a shoe in burgundy/maroon/wine-too matchy? I tried on a pair of matte gold shoes I have, that looked horrible. If someone asked this I would have an answer quick, I cant make up my mind. :rolleyes::shame: Thanks ladies & gents!

2. I like the idea of a bronze/brownish color.

Matchy - matchy would be too much. What bag are you going to pair with the outfit?

Post up some modeling pics and we will let you know!

3. Thanks! I'm probably going to go with a simple clutch not sure on the color depends on what shoes I pick. I hate when I buy dresses in colors like red or berry & cant figure out what color shoe to wear. :tdown: I'll post a pic of the dress later so you can see the exact color.

4. What about a nude shoe?

5. Good question...I have one too that I haven't worn yet. Probably something metallic like silver or pewter (if you usually wear silver-toned jewelry), though nude might be hot too! And for a completely out-there suggestion, how about navy?

6. I like the idea of a bronzey colour. Initially, I thought gold, but you've said you didn't like the look.

7. ^ :yes: Exactly what I was thinking..

8. I think silver would look great!

9. I think it depends on the style of the dress. A wine knit would look so lush with brown suede, but for a silk dress I think a silver would be nice. Any fabric I can think of would look great with black patent. But I'll post again once you post a pic.

10. Thanks for the replies! I had a hard time getting decent pictures. Here is the dress:

[​IMG]
    Color with the sun hitting it:
    [​IMG]

Here are some shoes I like mostly matchy heels :shame: I know I have a lot of color options but I cant decide. Just wanted to add too I have dark hair & I'm white as a ghost just so you can get some kind of a visual:

Betsey Johnson http://www.betseyjohnson.com/Sabah_Shoes/pd/np/8000/p/3813.html

AK http://www.zappos.com/n/p?p=7363734&

Giuseppe Zanotti http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2063949095&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2041639855&N=959+4294967085&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

& If I could find these I would totally be wearing them

Giuseppe Zanotti
    [​IMG]

11. those are beautiful!!

12. Let's see... What would Carry Bradshaw do? A bronze or taupe bootie for certain!

13. My first instinct would be gold. strappy gold or bronze heels. Also depending on whether your bag/clutch has hardware, maybe match the shoes to the hardware. Gold with gold hardware, silver for silver hardware. JMO. I love those Giuseppe shoes! Nine West also has cute shoes in that color if you really wanted to try to go all matchy matchy.

14. I went out & tried on some shoes.....................bronze/brownish wins, it looks really, really good with the dress. I also like the way gold looks. Yay i'm happy there are lots of choices in bronze/gold. As for the Giuseppe shoes man I really love both pairs.

15. Well, just as another suggestion, I think brown platform suede sandals would look really fantastic, like Saint-Laurent. The color is so rich!