Dandruff Solution

1. Ok i know this may be a bit of a strange topic. but i recently discovered i have dandruff. and im sooo upset about it!!

pls guys any ideas on how to get rid of it? not sure what caused it either.. im guessing stress

I had an underactive thyrioid for a while and was on alot of medication adn tehrefore got stressed and stuff because i couldnt shift my weight(still cant. but thats cuz i eat too much) anyway so i was wondering how to shift the dandruff. its not a cause from the medication.
  2. I use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner. There is also a Tea Tree Hair and Scalp treatment that you can use once or twice a week that works well. Tea Tree works well on dandruff and dry scalp.
  3. I buy Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment,in the dark blue bottle,for my hubby. It works really well! Neutrogena T-Gel works great,too.
  4. I second the Head and Shoulders. I always get dandruff after coming back from Shanghai. Weird...
  5. Whenever I get dandruff, I use Neutrogena's T-Gel. It smells awful, but it works. When I was dating this one guy, he had eczema and that's how I found out about it. Anyways, the guys gone, but the shampoo stayed. Thankfully, I only get it once in a blue moon. Good luck, Baby Boo. If you wear a lot of black, it can definitely be annoying.
  6. i have used head and shoulders.. seems to work for me..
  7. Nizoral is the best! and it leaves your hair soft. I use it for a couple of days in a row to get my scalp under control and then once every two weeks keeps it there.
  8. I agree with this. I use this when mega dandruff starts attacking my hair.
  9. Can those shampoos mentioned be used on color treated hair?
  10. My daughter has dandruff and the neutrogena works much better for her than head and shoulders.
  11. The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line is color safe. I use it on my own colored hair. I also forgot to mention that Tea Tree is great for people who suffer from eczema.
  12. I have recurring problems with this and would like to share a home remedy (an internal cure vs. shampoo). I burned my hair w/these shampoos so I decided to try my grandmother's solution - to sip throughout the day 1 liter of water with 1 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar mixed in. It completely cleared my problem. I am actually using it daily to keep the flakes away and haven't had any problems since. Just figured I'd share! I had initially tried the ACV for heartburn issues (which it also works for).
  13. ^^^ oooh, good home remedy, vinegar is so good for your hair!

My stylist swears that the best way to keep your hair in good condition is to wash it 3-4 times per week (she errs on the lower side) rather than every day. She says just rinse out your hair on the days in between. I tried it this winter and it basically eliminated dry scalp/dandruff and my hair was visibly much healthier (it's usually terribly dry and frizzy all winter). You might try laying of the shampooing and see if that helps put more moisture in your hair, but I know it's hard to do. Now that I'm going to the gym consistently I have to wash my hair daily! Good luck!
  14. Thanks guys.. will try to switch to netrougena. dont knwo if they have the Tgel here though ... im using head and shoulders now and its not working. will DEFIANTLY try the cider thing. thanks sooo much
  15. i'm sorry, but you actually drink the water and apple cider mixture? u don't put it on your hair? sorry, i wouldn't mind trying this, but am a little confused :sad: