Dancing with the Stars season 5 Announces New Contestants

lightblue84

Mar 31, 2007
Dancing with the Stars Announces New Contestants

mel_b.jpg

The dance cards for season five of ABC's Dancing with the Stars have officially been filled – with a Spice Girl, an Abercrombie & Fitch model, a boxer, a billionaire and a Las Vegas icon all part of the 12-person mix.

The names were revealed on Wednesday's Good Morning America by DWTS host Tom Bergeron, show judge Carrie Ann Inaba and season four-champ Apolo Ohno.

And, they are:

• Melanie "Mel B" Brown, 32, Spice Girls ("Scary Spice") singer (pro partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy);
• Sabrina Bryan, 22, actress/singer (The Cheetah Girls) (pro partner: Mark Ballas);
• Helio Castroneves, 32, racecar driver (pro partner: Julianne Hough);
• Mark Cuban, 48, businessman (owner of NBA's Dallas Mavericks) (pro partner: Kym Johnson);
• Jennie Garth, 35, actress (Beverly Hills, 90210) (pro partner: Derek Hough, older brother of Julianne Hough);
• Josie Maran, 29, supermodel (pro partner Alec Mazo);
• Cameron Mathison, 38, actor (All My Children) (pro partner: Edyta Sliwinska;
• Floyd Mayweather, Jr., 30, boxer (pro partner: Karina Smirnoff);
• Wayne Newton, 65, singer (pro partner: Cheryl Burke);
• Marie Osmond, 47, singer/doll designer (pro partner: Jonathan Roberts);
• Albert Reed, 22, supermodel (pro partner: Anna Trebunskaya; and
• Jane Seymour, 56, actress (pro partner: Tony Dovolani).

Although over the past few days there have been some leaks about the purported new cast – prompting Dancing's executive producer Conrad Green to tell PEOPLE that "so many wrong names ... get out, I think, ha-ha" – what remains still to be revealed to viewers when the series returns on Sept. 24 is a new format.

For the season debut, the show will air on three consecutive nights its first week, with the six female contestants performing on Monday and the six males on Tuesday. One contestant will then be sent home on Wednesday's live results show.

Starting the second week on Oct. 1, the show will air on two consecutive nights: the performance show on Mondays and the live results show on Tuesdays.

The decision to split the cast was deliberate, Green says, "so you can actually get to know the people and see them all over two nights. There are a lot of stories to tell – what they have been through, how they got here, their backgrounds, their motivations for doing it."

With the dancers in place, Green says there's one more casting decision left to make: Who will fill in for host Samantha Harris while she's on maternity leave?

Harris, who's due to give birth to her first child in early October, recently told PEOPLE, "My hope is to be there for the beginning of the season for a week or two, maybe three, have the baby and maybe be gone for two, three, four weeks – and, if I'm lucky enough to have a quick recovery, be back on the show for the rest of the season."

^^Eeek! Oh dear, that 2nd pic is scary! Well I found these pics of her taken 2 weeks ago at the Osmond Reunion concert in Las Vegas so either she had corrective surgery or that picture is way off. LOL!:P

Anyway, I think she'll be a good addition to Dancing with the Stars.

Attachments

• marie1.JPG
    marie1.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 32
  • marie2.JPG
    marie2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 33
  • marie3.JPG
    marie3.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 30
This is what I was remembering - but maybe her skin is not as tight now and it looks more natural...or this could have just been an especially unflattering photo... :nuts:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000564.html

This has gone around a lot before, she never looked like that. The person in that picture is a cross dresser who dresses like Marie, it was in Star way back when it was a paper publication like the Enquirer.

I personally can't wait to see her, she's such a sweetie in person (I've seen her a lot since I was little, my mom is a big fan of her dolls and went to a bunch of signings). I hope she and Jennie Garth do well, they're my favorites this time around!

Interesting....I'm not familiar with all of the new cast members, but it will be fun to watch.
I have no life.... :heart: (not really true...I'm just a TV junkie sometimes).....