Damier... the 'it' canvas on 2008?

I know I've fallen for it this year. Last year I wasn't too keen and would never have bought one, but now since getting my speedy for Christmas it's all I carry. I love how you don't have to worry about the vachetta (great news since it just rains all the time here). I also like how it's fairly understated and doesn't attract as much attention as my other mono bags, yet at the same time it remains a beautiful handbag and looks tdf.

I think that it will become more popular too!

I used to hate the damier and I never even looked at it in the boutique! But then this year I bought my first piece of damier! I also bought a LE mono bag that came out in damier later (and I actually liked the damier version more...)

I feel in love with the damier azur when it came out! Its a light color yet it's canvas so its durable! I'm planning to add a piece of damier azur to my collection soon!

I prefer Damier too. My Saleyas are my "work horse" bags. Where I live, most people don't know it's LV, and that's okay with me. I love the pattern and the versatility, too. And unlike Monogram, you can pick between dark or light!

When I carry my Mono's people know what it is...esp around here...most are fake...however, I do get tons of compliements on my Dameirs. People have no idea what they are so they don't tend to buy fakes of something they have no clue about.

I love the damier too, carefree and understated, plus I think the pattern is just beautiful. It would not surprise me if it was the "it" bag for 2008. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised more people don't carry it.

I LVoe Damier, especially Azur. I didn't when it originally came out, but it's refreshing. I wish they would make it in styles sans vachetta, for example, an Azur Speedy with dark blue patent handles....{{sigh}}, anyway, it doesn't seem like there will be alot of Azur pieces, from what I've heard. I hope I'm wrong....it will be popular after 2008, i hope !!!!

Hurray for Damier! Ebene & Azur, love 'em both, have 'em both in the Speedy 30. I also live in a very 4-seasons-a-year climate, so I've put my Azur away until Spring or Summer, when it will be fresh and delightful once again.

Hurray for Damier! Ebene & Azur, love 'em both, have 'em both in the Speedy 30. I also live in a very 4-seasons-a-year climate, so I've put my Azur away until Spring or Summer, when it will be fresh and delightful once again.

I agree! My first Speedy is on its way (Damier 30; arriving today!!! :nuts: I'm waiting so impatiently...), and it's the Ebene. I plan on saving for the Azur, too, because I just love it so much (but wanted the Ebene first because it's winter and I feel like it's more practical and classic). I just want the twins! I would probably use them both year round, though obviously they'd each get more use in their proper seasons. But I think the Ebene is very versatile and the Azur actually goes with my winter coat beautifully.

Anyhow, the Azur is actually what turned me on to LV. I wasn't a fan until I noticed it. Then I just kept discovering, haha. Now I understand all this "LV addiction" stuff.

I hope the Damier doesn't get too popular, though; I like how understated it is (especially the Ebene) and how it isn't as noticeable/common as the Mono. At the same time, I totally understand why it's becoming popular! It's so classy and beautiful.

Hurry up, mailman! :lol:

I love Damier more then Mono, because Mono is too often too see (here in Switzerland!). Everybody wears Mono bags. Damier is classy and elegant and a little "understated", what I personally like more for my bags. For me it isn't important, that other people see, that I wear a LV bag. For a lot of people, this is very important and sometimes the only reason, to wear Mono bags.
Plus, the Damier was the first design of LV BEFORE the Monogramm. For me it's the "real" and typical LV Design.:yes:
I agree! My mom is the one who told me that little factoid!

It is for me too, there's just way too many mono canvas and I hate that there's so many fake ones too. And not having the vachetta is just another added bonus, although of course there are certain mono styles that look absolutely awesome with vachetta esp. when it has patina.

I see almost just as much damier as monogram toile and I see tons of fake damier as well. I don't find either practical in the cold as it renders the canvas very stiff and thus more fragile.
I don't think it's the "secret" tone down LV canvas anymore.

I have always preferred Damier to the Monogram line, but I aso love Vernis too :biggrin:
Damier to me is less obvious so I get the quality of good canvas yet dont have to feel like it's all about the logo.