Damier Speedy

I just spoke with a rep from 1.866.VUITTON and she confirmed again that the damier speedy should be out by june 2006. I gave her my name and number, I'm supposed to receive a call from my LV Boutique when they receive the shipment. I'm so excited! Too bad it's in six months!

Reponse I received from LV's CS:

Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your
interest in Louis Vuitton.

In response to your inquiry, the Damier Speedy will be available in
2006. At this time we do not have an exact launch date, but do expect
them to arrive in March/April of 2006. The price point of this item will
be comparable to the Monogram Speedy pieces, which are currently priced
at:
Speedy 25 $540.00 USD
Speedy 30 $ 560.00 USD

We are looking forward to your next visit on our web site,
www.louisvuitton.com

Best regards,
Claire Monroe- LOUIS VUITTON
[email protected]
www.louisvuitton.com

:love: Can't wait!
http://www.louisvuitton.com/

Went to the LV store in South Coast Plaza last night and it s confirmed that they'll be having the Damier Speedy out by next March/April. SA said there is no wait list right now but who knows later...

I called the LV store and talked to a SA (not too pleasant). He said that the Damier Speedy will come out sometime in the summer. I asked him about the price and if it's comparable to the mono. He stated that it is more expensive, like a couple of hundred dollars more.

I was surprised because I saved up to get the new bag, but to find out that it's more. Does anyone know the exact price?

Traci

The SA I spoke to in my area said it will probably be about $200 more. She didn't have a firm price. She told me It will probably be introduced around June. I asked her when she thought I'd actually be able to purchase one, and she said they'd probably be available in our store around September. I asked if I could be put on a list. She said at present there are not lists, but she took my name/info and put it in her client book. Whatever that means ...

Damn... a speedy for over $700??!! I was expecting it to be around $500 or $600 at the most. If it costs more than when you can do a special order on the damier speedy, I'm going to be piss. :evil:

I bet they purposely wait until AFTER the price hike to release this beauty.

pseub said:
Well, my curiousity was piqued so I did some googling, and it looks like the Speedy was not designed for our Audrey, it was introduced when she was still a wee tot a quatre ans.

From http://www.answers.com/topic/louis-vuitton

In 1933, the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag was introduced.

wow, this is old. but I freaking love Audrey Hepburn, and in fact, it was the Speedy 35 that was designed for her. I think she special ordered it and then LV decided to add it to the line.