damier speedy 25 - alignment at sides

1. hi ladies! :smile:

i'm seriously contemplating a damier speedy 25 and i hope to get some help here regarding the alignment of the damier checks at the sides of the speedy 25...

from most of the pics i've seen in this forum, a dark coloured check would be approximately in line with a dark coloured check where the two pieces of canvas meet, and a light one aligns with a light one. however, i'm unable see the alignment for all 4 sides of the bags from the pics here.

i've seen a few damier speedy 25s in the stores here and it seems most of them do not align in the manner i've describe above at all 4 sides. sometimes 1 side will be "off", sometimes 2......

this is kinda holding me back from purchasing my speedy 25. is it wishful thinking for me to want one that is perfectly aligned at all 4 sides?

2. If you get one from the store you know it is real, so don't stress about the alignment. It is a little more difficult with the damier to get it perfect!
  3. hi dell! :smile: thanks for your reply... i understand that it's more difficult with the damier than with the mono, but alignmnet issues bug me quite abit, especially when three sides are aligned and one is noticeably off. i was wondering if there are any damier speedy 25 owners out there who have managed to find one with perfect (or perhaps close to perfect) alignmnet on all 4 sides?
  4. if you buy from LV there is no worry. if you're going to be picky about your bag its best to go into lv and choose the one that you're happiest with.

Good luck with your purchase.
  5. Mine definitely isn't perfect and I have the 30. It's not a big deal to me because I don't constantly look at my bag, just about the only time I look at it is when I'm getting something out of it.
    Anyway if you want something better aligned you'll need to pick one out at the store. You won't be able to get something perfect though, just close enough.
  6. I don't think you will get a perfectly aligned bag anywhere. If that is a problem for you, you might want to consider another bag.
  7. i agree. i have the 30 in both azur and damier and it used to bother me that they don't align perfectly but now i'm over that and love it just the same :smile:
  8. Sorry, I never even noticed whether or not the Damier print aligned on my Speedy 30. I'm picky about my bags, but it never occured to me to check for alignment..... I don't think it matters much with Damier. But, if you're able to go to an LV store, ask to look at several Speedies.....
  9. thanks for all the replies ladies... guess i'm just gonna find one that i'm happiest with. it's gonna be my first LV and i thought i'd make it a speedy cos i really do like its design and utility. :smile: