Damier not popular among celebrities?

1. Was wondering why I hardly ever see celebs, especially the females, use the regular damier speedy or anything damier? Ive seen a couple and some keepals but no handheld or shoulder bags.

2. Perhaps the rich and famous prefer their accessories to scream LV. However, Gabrielle Union, Kelis, and Hillary Duff have been seen carrying Damier.

3. I think ti's because it's less recognisable and also because it's less cute and whimsical, which is what many of the most famous LV lines are in general to a certain extent. Damier is actually quite a masculine and "strong" pattern compared to the flowery monogram series. =)

4. Yes, I agree...probably because it's less recognizable. A lot of celebs seem to like regular mono or MC. I never cared for damier until the Trevi came out.

5. Well, I saw Lo on The Hills with a Damier Speedy 30. I know she's not really a celebrity, but hey!

6. I don't see too many celebrities with Damier. There are some though...

For example, I always see Holly Madison from The Girls Next Door (Hugh Hefner's main girl) with a Damier Papillon...although she's not quite a "celebrity".

I've actually seen more Damier Azur than normal Damier.

7. Beyonce likes damier. But yeah, I think celebrities do the "look at my monogram" thing more when it comes to their bags. You don't see them with vernis either.

8. I agree. Most of them probably prefer to carry something that's instantly recognizable.

9. From the celebrities with LV page. There seems to be more damier lately:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (damier wallet and monogram wallet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Which means the damier is even more special. Kinda nice to have something that not everyone has caught on to yet.

But I do think that the Trevi is going to catch quite a few eyes.

11. I think damier is more appropriate of a pattern for luggage, not for bags so maybe celebrities think the same thing :smile: LOL

12. ITA! :tup:

13. I think it's because the Damier line doesn't really have much styles as the Classic Monogram. And the Classic Monogram is done in a lot of limited editions as well.

14. Damier is more subtle...and that is something that celebrities are NOT!

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]