Damier Ebene Speedy Handles

I questioned this at the store when I purchased my Speedy B 35 in DE because it didn't seem right to me. I asked to see some others and they all had slight wrinkling on the underside of one or both handles. The SA tried telling me that it was completely normal and said they're all like that, which I kept pointing out to him was simply not true. I was right in front of him showing how some were wrinkled and some weren't but he would not admit that it was a flaw, which was incredibly frustrating! I even asked if they could put two smooth handles on one bag but he completely dismissed that idea. The one I bought has one completely smooth handle and one with slight wrinkling underneath. It's been about six months and it hasn't gotten any worse but still...after hearing that others have perfect handles, I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't hold off to find one like that! :thinking:

Wow thanks so much for all your responses. I just got back from LV and I was told the same thing that it is normal to have some wrinkles under the handle because of the curvature. I felt another one and it was worse so I'll keep what I have. I don't think they can get others in unless they sell what's in stock. I bought the only one made in France too.

I exchanged the MIF for the MIU because the MIU has a glossy shine and no wrinkles. While I was at the mall I checked all the LV Stores. The one in the mall, the one at Saks, and at Bloomindales. All the MIF ones are rough and wrinkle, and there were 3 of them MIF, all wrinkled. Because this is not a one time incident, I really believe the ones made in France have different materials, and the new material is lower in quality. It is thinner, no glossy coat, and wrinkled. I grabbed the made in U.S.A. glossy because I am afraid that if they decided to change to the new material, then I want to get the last bag with the good material.

Wow thanks so much for all your responses. I just got back from LV and I was told the same thing that it is normal to have some wrinkles under the handle because of the curvature. I felt another one and it was worse so I'll keep what I have. I don't think they can get others in unless they sell what's in stock. I bought the only one made in France too.

The wrinkling shouldn't get any worse but it's good that you went and looked at a few others, for peace of mind. Mine is MIU, so I don't think it's just the MIF bags that have this problem. Now that you've decided to keep her, enjoy your beautiful bag!! ;)

The wrinkling shouldn't get any worse but it's good that you went and looked at a few others, for peace of mind. Mine is MIU, so I don't think it's just the MIF bags that have this problem. Now that you've decided to keep her, enjoy your beautiful bag!! ;)

Thanks so much! I wore her today. I was thinking the wrinkles may smoothen out with use.

I exchanged the MIF for the MIU because the MIU has a glossy shine and no wrinkles. While I was at the mall I checked all the LV Stores. The one in the mall, the one at Saks, and at Bloomindales. All the MIF ones are rough and wrinkle, and there were 3 of them MIF, all wrinkled. Because this is not a one time incident, I really believe the ones made in France have different materials, and the new material is lower in quality. It is thinner, no glossy coat, and wrinkled. I grabbed the made in U.S.A. glossy because I am afraid that if they decided to change to the new material, then I want to get the last bag with the good material.

That's strange, I hope this is not going to be an overall issue going forwards. Over here we have only MIF and some MIS, so no MIU to compare.

My Speedy is MIF and has no wrinkles, but it's from 2012..

Neither of mine have wrinkles (?) and they're both 7 years old MIF.

At the risk of requesting a thread hijack, is there anyone else who has the same problem as the OP and can post pictures? It seems very strange. They're rolled handles) surely they're smooth? Is the stitching pulling and causing the pull and wrinkling?

The winkles will not smooth out with use. Is probably going to get worst. My DE speedy had no to only few winkles when I purchase it in Oct last year. Now I see a little more winkles under the handles.

I agree that they won't smooth out with use but I've been using mine almost every day for 6 months and the one handle with wrinkles hasn't gotten any worse...fingers crossed it stays that way!

I bought one that was MIF and it had wrinkles. I returned it bc I pulled out my DE NF and the cracking was atrocious. I don't want to risk it happening to a $1400 bag. A shame since that bag (speedy b) fit my lifestyle and I am in love with DE.

My MIF damier ebene speedy (46th week of 2013) doesn't have wrinkly handles nor a matte finish. I've read about the quality going down the past few years but I hope it's not true, I just started my LV addiction 😓

I have the same situation. I just got my Speedy B 25 DE, yesterday. I noticed it is not smooth but matt and wrinkle. I compared it to my Speedy B 30 DE, I got 2 months ago. It's like night and day. One is shiny smooth the other matt and rough. I thought it was strange, glad I saw your post. Since I just got it yesterday, I am going to use it for a few days see how it's holding up, mine is Made in France as well.

Just saw your post - does it look anything like my pictures on http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/how-can-i-make-myself-happy-speedy-35-a-840421.html ?

Yes it's matt and wrinkled, but my handles are both matt. Your handles one is matt and one is glossy, with is really bad, you would think quality control would see that right away. I mean if we (are not the professionals) just a customer and see it. How come, they.. the professionals ( i mean this is their job .... they do this day in and day out) would not see it??? I'm glad I'm almost done with my LV collection. I have all the bags I want. Then I don't have to deal with these issues anymore. Such a hassle, don't you think? And these bags are not cheap!

Hi... :smile:
I have this concern with my speedy DE handle that i bought last month. This is my first in DE line. So i just want to ask if the treated handle do peel from scratches? Like skin layer being peeled... I really need help, please! TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum