Damier Azur Saleya Durable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've just brought home a Damier Azur Saleya MM after much contemplating. I wanted an everyday tote - not work - that zips. I was looking at the Cabas Mezzo (and piano) for the longest time but Piano is too small, Mezzo looks too big (long on me). The Saleya MM is a great size for me proportionally (5'2") and it zips, which is key. I'm not big on the original brown but fell in love with the Azur. My question: how durable is it? What sorts of things have permanently scuffed your Damier Azur and what sorts of things wipe off without a problem? I'm moving to Singapore for 1-2 years so this is a great color for the year-round tropical weather (hot and humid). I'd love to hear from other Azur Saleya owners - does it hold up to everyday use? Btw, I don't beat on my bags - pretty careful where I set it down, etc I need the size mostly for lighter stuff - the odd hat, cardigan, etc. Also -- I've read the threads about Appleguard/Shining Monkey for the Vachetta .. is there anything anyone else has been using on the azur canvas itself? Does it matter if the appleguard gets on the canvas while you are spraying the handles?

2. My question: how durable is it?
    Have you played with knives around bags?... I like to poke things lol... so ya, VERY durable:p

What sorts of things have permanently scuffed your Damier Azur and what sorts of things wipe off without a problem?
    Permanent scuffs are mainly on the corners of my Saleya GM from people bumping into me or hitting the bag on walls or doorways.
    I also have some colour transfer from my jeans near the back of my bag. I don't know if it's permanent or not because I don't really care about my school bag lol and have never tried to clean it.
    Dirt can be easily wiped off from the leather or canvas.

does it hold up to everyday use?
    As mentioned before, I use my Saleya GM as a school bag for 'heavy days'. It's been 3 months now and it holds up well from all the (ab)use :p

is there anything anyone else has been using on the azur canvas itself?
    I don't use anything. I'm totally au naturel when it comes to bags. (However, I do use the occasional baby wipes for MAJOR stains on the leather parts (like on my manhattan recently that got a 3-4 inch black scar...), but not "directly" using it straight from the package. I use my own 3-step method lol)

Does it matter if the appleguard gets on the canvas while you are spraying the handles?
    I don't think so. The canvas is pretty heavy-duty imo and not likely to be damaged.

3. I have an Azur speedy, and I find it as durable as any other LV. I just occassionaly wipe my bag down with baby wipes, and it looks perfect!

4. The monogram and Damier canvas are very durable, probably one of the most durable materials LV makes.
    I wouldn't worry about this bag, marks come off easily (pen, not so much though), is water resistant, etc.

5. Try doing a search in this sub-forum for "saleya PM" for quite a few threads on this bag. Also, you can search the Louis Vuitton FAQ's and also the Louis Vuitton Reference Library for many threads on cleaning, conditioning, and care of your bags. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.