D&B at Target, Anybody Else See This?

I was just in Target today. Not a Dooney fan but next time I go I'll have to see if they too are carrying designer bags. The only reason I wouldn't buy a designer bag from Target is, I assume their employees don't know much about bags and it would be easy for someone to return a fake. KWIM?:shrugs:

Good point. I would hope that Target would have a tag on the bag so that if it is returned the tag must still be attached to the bag to avoid the return of a fake.

I think it's just a matter of people getting used to the idea cause think about it. Target has never sold "designer" bags really then recently they have all these stuff by designers (Luella I think and what not) and now DB and Coach. They're just moving up, repositioning themselves.

As far as being compared to WalMart, they were always a major step up from WalMart to me. At least to the ones I go to they are.

wow, this is news to me.. then again, I don't look at bags when I go to target.. I will look at the local target...

Yeah me neither. I always think if I look at other bags I will PROBABLY find something I will think is cute and like, buy it but wouldn't carry it over my LV's so it would be a waste. :shrugs:

I will however have to check out my Target. It's very interesting.

I would just hope that if Target carries D&B they would have them all just hanging on racks like in the op picture. While they are not high end bags they are good ones and I like them but I would have to think twice about buying one when they could have fallen on the floor many times or grabbed at by messy little hands....

Exactly- that's why I really would not like it if COACH bags would be hanging on the racks, too. I mean I just love going into COACH stores because the display of the prosducts is so beautiful and exclusive. Its is an essential part of the fun in shopping I find.:sad:

To anyone that has seen any D&B bags at Target...

what are the prices ?? Like their outlets ?? or are they similar to their
online prices ?? Does any one know. ??

TIA

I think Coach would be perfect for Target! You know how high end department stores always have one or two premiere handbag brands, well for Target, it will be Coach. Target is genius IMO. And I'm sure the good people at Coach have thought long and hard about this. They will probably offer only a small selection of basic styles and possibly even styles specifically made for the market.

I just hope they put the bags in a display, like they do jewelry. The people that mentioned the bags being tossed on the floor, trampled over, etc are right it's bound to happen, it happens everywhere, to everybag that is out on store shelves. I just hope people don't ruin it by returning fakes for the real deal. I'm going to try to go some research & see if I can find anything on what's really going on. I'll post if I find something.

i think this is very tacky and i am now fully convinced that i will never buy another d&b bag and if coach goes there i'm done with them too. making the bags so available cheapens the image and soon everyone will have one....

Yes, but like Coach, DB is so old school now. To me they are purses of the past, back when I was young- now I am older and I prefers more sophisticated brands like GUCCI, LV, Prada and Burberry. I liked their traditional leather trimmed purses, I have a couple but have since given them away. When they got colorful with the DB logo - I said forget it! No thanks!!!!

Also, if you saw the tv promo on this - the brands mentioned will only be at certain stores and they won't be there all the time - like Marshalls it will be a hit or miss. Looks like there goal is to keep having everyone come back for more -great idea, I will give it to them! I love 'Tar-jea"!!!!

I was just in Target today. Not a Dooney fan but next time I go I'll have to see if they too are carrying designer bags. The only reason I wouldn't buy a designer bag from Target is, I assume their employees don't know much about bags and it would be easy for someone to return a fake. KWIM?:shrugs:

Very good point!

I wonder if they will have Target specific styles, just like the outlets have made for the outlet styles, I would guess they will do the same thing for Target?