cute tops for full skirts?

1. Hi everyone! This should be so easy but for some reason I am really having trouble.:confused1: I bought two knee length full skirts at the end of last summer and am still having trouble finding the right tops. I've worn them a few times with basic ribbed cotton tanks (Gap, Limited, that kind of thing) and that work okay but I wish I could find something a little nicer. The skirts are both a crisp cotton, one is orange and one is royal blue with an eyelet hem. They are both very casual and I'll be wearing them with flip flops but the ribbed tanks are just a little too too casual. The tops need to be fitted- either tank or halter I think. Why can't I find the right thing? This is crazy! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  2. Victoria's Secret has got some nice tops. I'd suggest wearing something clinging. They're not the best quality, but look good.
  3. Basic James Perse tanks... very flattering.
  4. Gap fitted tees!
  5. If yo are looking for something for fall, Nordstrom had a ton of tees and cotton sweaters for the anniversary sale. I bought a v neck sweater by Classique Entier, on of their brands. I think it was cotton and it was tight fitting.

Karen Kane has a few tight halter tops but the colors are limited. They are also at Nordstrom.

Ann Taylor Loft usually gets that style in too. Most of their knit clothing is very tight and slinky this season. I think a lot of the short sleeve stuff would be on sale too.
  6. Oh that is very nice. I'm a little worried it might be a bit too long for the skirts but I think I need one anyway for jeans. I love all of the longer lengths in tops recently but that is what's giving me problems with these skirts. The tops can't be very long or they wont lay right over the fullness of the skirts and at the same time can't be too short because I'm 5'11" and I have to be careful unless I want to show my belly.:nogood:
  7. I love a fitted, white button down shirt tucked into a full skirt with a belt.

8. Ohh so cute! I should probably mention that I have, ahem, enhanced breasts so I have be a little careful with tops. That one I would definitely have to try on and I don't have an Anthropology nearby. We moved to this tiny town three years ago. Before that I was in Palm Beach county so you can just imagine the shopping shock! I went from having everything available to having nothing so I rely heavily on online shopping.

9. Woo hoo! Thank you!!:wlae: The second one is PERFECT! I'm ordering a white one for the blue skirt and a brown for the orange one. just made a BR order last week. I don't know how I missed it. The first one would have been a winner too but it doesn't come in the right colors. Yay! I finally get to wear my skirts!
  10. Hooraaaaay! So glad I posted those--I was just checking out the BR web site a few days ago, looking at the sales, and they popped into my head when I read your post.

Post pics later if you can--the outfits will be gorgeous! :wlae:
  11. How about a nice fitted blouse? I saw a cute one by Theory @ NM site. Called ruffle sleeve top. Check it out.