Cute story about H Birkin on

1. Husband Helpers (The Bag Snob)

Every Christmas Bag Snob is besieged with phone calls and emails from frantic husbands trying to find the perfect bag for their wives. One year a Hollywood producer called me while standing bewildered in Gucci, producing blockbuster movies that have raked in over $200 million he can handle (The Rookie, The Miracle, and this year's The Invincible with Mark Wahlberg), but deciding between a tote or evening clutch? Clueless! This year, I received the most fabulous request, a husband who not only wanted a great bag for his wife, but a husband who insists that the bag be none other than the highly coveted Hermes Birkin! Now that's what I call a keeper :smile: After many phone calls and visits to Hermes in Beverly Hills, New York, and Highland Park, I finally found one that is perfect for his wife. In a divine shade of Vert Fonce (a very rare and hard to get color) with palladium hardware, this is a gem that I thought of keeping for myself. (You'd think with six birkins and two kelly bags I'd be satisfied but Hermes is a like a drug and it is never enough, I think it's something they put into the leather that's so addictive.) Of course I did the right thing and sent the birkin off to it's new owner's anxious husband. I know it is going to a good home and I'll be able to visit often. :smile:

I love the responses of the guy she helped and the wife who received the gift. :nuts:
  2. Wow, vert fonce.... to give up that bag must have cost an enormous amount of will power....
  3. WOW...I usually don't go for that color family, but if I had it in my would be tough!
  4. I was offered a vert fonce birkin in Fjord right before thanksgiving, I wasn't to crazy about it, no attraction at all.

But now I wonder if thats the one she bought.
  5. I'm familar with vert anis, but not vert fonce. May I ask what color that is?
  6. [​IMG]

Found this on one of the threads when I did a "vert fonce" search. Baggs, does the color look right?
  7. Great story! No doubt it took a lot of willpower to give up that baby! I'm sure the recipient is over the moon!
  8. That is a nice story!
  9. OMG - that's soo sweet!

10. Yup! It's too forest green for me. This bag is def. for a fair skinned redhead with green eys.
  11. Oh I would love this color. Very close to my eye color.

Cute story!
  12. wow, what a sweet story! think i'm going to have to send that link to DH :smile:
  13. Don't you just love DHs that are not afraid to get help when they feel clueless. Now I wonder what her comission was for hunting down that bag....