cute but expensive....sunglasses?

Oh boy, this thread is for me :smile:
I LOVE sunglasses and have several pairs of Louis Vuitton and Cartiers.
I wear them everyday.
Once you try on a quality pair of sunglasses, you will never buy the cheap ones again!

They're absolutly worth the money. The lenses are clearer and they are made better. Anybody whose ever owned a pair of expesive glasses knows that they last(as long as you dont sit or step on them, or something drastic like that).

Hey Sonia,
Yes I think I am going to keep my MOP. I love them so much. Like I said, I saw them on Courtney and just fell in love. They are beautiful. I saw them on the streets of NYC, the fake ones... and they just weren't as nice as my REAL ones! And yes, as long as I know they are real, its all good. My next move.. I am going to enjoy these for now and when something else catches me as these MOP have, then I will more than likely get them. I love expensive sunnies, its true they are better than fakos. I am glad you have and love them too. BTW: I checked out those Tom Ford ones, and they are yummy. I checked my magazine to see Jenn Anistons and your right hers don't criss cross as yours do. I like yours better with that little detail in the front. Very chic and love the sides of them..

I thought they were a waste of money too. I usually just got whatever at Target for $10. But this summer I got some Dior sunnies and they are totally different than the Target glasses. Like everyone says they just fit differently. It doesn't feel heavy on my nose and they don't wobble like the Target ones. I really want the Chanel MOP ones though. I guess I better get them before they are fazed out.

i love sunglasses. i have 3 pairs of Chanels, and one pair of D&G, Dior and Bulgari, and i'm about to get a pair of Tom Fords. the most I've ever spent is $600 on a pair of Chanels which were a limited edition pair from the Spring 2007 line. i don't feel in the least bit guilty because they're my second favorite pair

Not really worth it IMO. I have a pair of chanel's that cost me about $400.00 - I hardly wear them. I wear my Fendi's alot - they were about $160.00 - but I also wear sunglasses that I got locally that are polarized for about $30.00 - and they're just as good, if not better, than my $400.00 chanel's - which I notice scratch just as easily as drug store brand sunglasses :hrmm:

google: marcolin, safilo, and luxottica.

they made sunnies for most major fashion houses. they work with the fashion house's designers to create designs. they - not the fashion houses - are the one who manufacture and distribute these sunglasses. designer houses received a percentage of the sales.

i suppose this explained why most of the times designer sunglasses are often not available in their respective boutiques (although some are).

i still think that branded sunnies are great, although can be overpriced. the point is that brand helps us identify product and assist us in quality control. if you are good with your eyes and if you are able to identify good products without the assistance of a brand identity, then i am sure you can get the same exact thing without the brand and the price tag. but most of us do not have the skill or the time.

also, beware with some cheap sunnies, they lenses are merely dark but do not protect your eyes from UV rays, so much so that from what i heard, it can damage your eyes because the shading freed your eyes from squinting and therefore exposed it to the harmful UV. also, sometimes, cheaper sunnies lenses are just dark, but does not shade, if you know what i mean. i could not see properly once (especially those with high astigmatism like me) and yet at the same time felt that i still needed to squint. it was rather bad.

oh by the way, i just discover tom ford's. deliiiiiiiicious! another interesting brand is stella mc cartney. i like they way they feel in my hands. and love TF's daring designs! but i am not a great fan of the popular TF's "jennifer" and "whitney". anyone here tried on TF's "Anouk"?

others i am looking at are those by: rock and republic, costume national, and oliver peoples.

if i remember correctly, gucci and dior started the fashion sunglasses craze. or was it D&G? in any case, if TF can do it for gucci, i am sure his own brand is as great with cutting edge designs. he is the man :tup:

Well I don't really have a say in the comparison between cheap and expensive sunglasses, as I have bought the expensive ones ever since my first pair. But what I CAN say is that I love all my Tom Fords, Chanels, Guccis and others... they make me feel so glam! :roflmfao:

dont feel guilty, i would spend on sunnies if i dont have short-sight eyes. i used to have my designer sunnies' lens replaced but they didnt work right and im not a contact len person. so, i dont use sun glasses unless i see a cute and cheap ones because i rarely use them.
i think expensive sunnies have better quality on the lens, like better protection.... so it will protect ur eyes more (which is very important) if you use it frequently.
so, i think it worths, however, price range is 400 max