cute but expensive....sunglasses?

Don't feel bad at all. You're paying for quality too, not just the name. Although I personally feel Tom Ford's are the exception; they feel way too fragile for the pricetag.

I had a pair of Chanel 5079 which were the sturdiest ever!! I only stopped wearing them 'cause I got some M by MJs and my mom kidnapped the Chanels. Both very high quality. I'm amazed at how good the quality is in those M by MJs; they were only 90 dlls plus tax and have held up quite well.

Well I spend a lot on sunglasses I just bought a pair of Bvlgari ones that retail for $750 (but I got them for $400)

(I know the owner of the store and I buy tons of sunglasses from him and so do my friends.)

If you guys would like I can always check the prices for you here...I don't know it it would be worth it after shipping tho...but you can always try!

I also just bought the Chanel Mother of Pearl sunnies (mine is with the dark brown frame). I also have another pair of Chanel sunnies with the crystal CCs and a pair of Guccis! I love designer sunnies, I love the feeling of wearing them and the way they look. I have to say that the MOP sunnies are my faves!
But, I think I want another pair of Chanel glasses too, the one with the quilted leather arms and the "CC's" on the arms.... but it's $510 so I have to try them on again before I decide!

I am so glad you like the MOP, I was starting to get the impression that people didn't like them. I love them, I think they look so classic and elegent, especially when in all black. :yahoo:

OH before I forget: Someone on here said that designer sunglasses aren't always made by the designer..... are Chanels made by Chanel?

I use to wear inexpensive sunglasses. Two years ago I bought a $250 pair of Chanel. Hands down, the best $250 I've EVER spent. The fit me perfectly, I wear them every single day, and hae had no issues w/ sliding down my nose or ear pieces becoming too wide. Would DEF rebuy! HTH.

I usually just go for cheaper sunglasses. It would have to be a pair that I really really love in order for me to spend hundreds on a pair. Unless they were just regular glasses or prescription sunglasses, then I guess I would feel differently about that.

shoegal - I was told that the MOP is Coco's design!

I tried on a gorgeous pair of Tom Ford sunnies!!! Beautiful for $320! Very tempted to buy these instead of the quilted leather Chanel's I had my eye on!

Thank you Sonia, I was looking for that info for so long.. Do you mean Coco actually designed them?
Thank you (big hug). :woohoo: Do you know how long those sunglasses have been around? Do you think they are only hot for now and will go out of style soon?

shoegal - I'll have to double check with the salesperson about what she meant when she told me they are Coco's design (whether she personally designed it or just "approved" of the design).

The Mother of Pearl sunnies have been around for a while (not sure exactly how long) but they are manufacturing less and less of them. Seems like they are phasing them out and replacing them with the 'newer' versions with the gold 'cutout' CCs instead of MOP; they also have a version where the CCs are leather (instead of MOP) on the plastic arm. They told me that those are the newer versions. In any case, the shape is very very flattering on most people. I hesitated to buy the MOP when they told me that it's being phased out, but I like the way they look on me and it'll be a collector's item when they stop making them.

But those Tom Ford sunnies... aaaahhhhhhhh

Shoegal - which pair are you going to buy?

Sonia, I had already purchased the MOP, I love them so much. Origionally I saw them on Courtney Cox and fell in love with them. Then this summer I went to LA and when we toured Rodeo Drive, I wanted to go into Chanel to buy them, but the day I went it was closed for a "private reception".. maybe J. Lo needed her Chanel fix. When I came home to NY, I just had to get them, so I've had them now for over a month and I love them so much. I just don't want them to be "out" of style since I paid so much for them. I do think they are gorgeous though.. I get loads of complements when I wear them, hopefully people think they are real.. Ive seen them on the streets for $15... eeeeeek, which is a whole other thing that bothers me.

btw, nice meeting you, I'm Tori

I hate that there are so many fakes out there, especially of this exact style! The way I think about it is that I know mine are real, and I LOVE the way they look on me, so the confidence I have when I wear them is so worth it. (But I totally agree that I'd hate to spend $350 on sunglasses that are so "common"... so many people wear them (I guess fakes ones too.) I get a lot of compliments on the sunnies though... and again, if or when they discontinue making them, it'll be a collector's item. But, check out these Tom Ford sunnies...

they look soo much better on... when you have a chance, the next time you're in a department store try these on

Attachments

• tomford.jenn.jpg
    tomford.jenn.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 56
^^
Those are the Whitney's. Jen Aniston actually wears the Jennifer version. It doesn't have the criss cross at the nosepiece and they're smaller. I have Whitney's in the dark grey and love them! They're very chic!! I don't care if there's a ton of fakes of them. I know mine are real and I wear them with pride!!