Customs TOOK MY LV BRACELET!

chestnuthannoverian said:
Apparently Canada Post's Xpress Post will ship that sort of thing, but it will be slower. That's presuming these (oh I WANT TO SWEAR SO BADLY right now) ARSSBUTTS send me back my BRACELET.

It is SOOOO wrong that they have this restriction in the first place, but even worse that they didn't tell you about it when you mailed it! You should get them to refund your postage costs unless there's a gigantic sign behind the cashier's head that says "Jewelry will be Forcibly Removed from their Packages if you try to mail them!"

I still don't understand how they could be more selective in mailing stuff than the Canadian post. Honestly, I hope you get your money back for shipping costs because you paid for it to get to PurseSlave and it didn't.

Yea no kidding, they should have told her she isn't allowed to ship jewelry with Purolator! They must be extremely well-trained at their job. :evil: :mad:

Hopefully they don't let people ship weapons of mass destruction on accident too.

customs is really getting on my nerves these days - check this out: I went to jamaica a few years ago and had this fantastic coffee called 'blue mountain' which is just absolutely out of this world! Luckily I know enough people who go on vacation to the island so I always give them a few bucks to bring me back a couple of bags of coffee beans - but last month I was really wanting some blue mtn coffee so I put it on my wishlist -$50 for a medium bag of coffee.

a friend gets it for me, and then out of the blue like 3 weeks later, I get a bill from fedex for custom charges in the amount of 25 bucks!!! and so now this bag of coffee has essentially cost 75.00USD.

give me a break.!

monablu said:
customs is really getting on my nerves these days - check this out: I went to jamaica a few years ago and had this fantastic coffee called 'blue mountain' which is just absolutely out of this world! Luckily I know enough people who go on vacation to the island so I always give them a few bucks to bring me back a couple of bags of coffee beans - but last month I was really wanting some blue mtn coffee so I put it on my wishlist -$50 for a medium bag of coffee.

a friend gets it for me, and then out of the blue like 3 weeks later, I get a bill from fedex for custom charges in the amount of 25 bucks!!! and so now this bag of coffee has essentially cost 75.00USD.

give me a break.!

:mad:

Ok I know a thing or two about Canadian customs...let me share some of my knowledge....

for things to be DUTY FREE coming into Canada each gift is valued at CAN$60 or less. If the gift is worth more than CAN$60, you will have to pay duties and taxes on the excess amount. You cannot claim alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or advertising matter as gifts. They have the right to open whatever package they want, no ifs ands or buts about it. Jewellery is NOT a restricted item. If you are charged duties in Ontario ( where I am from), they convert the value amount to Canadian value, tax (15%) and add $5 handling fee, taxes will vary province by province. And if you buy things from someone, especially importing into Canada, I strongly advise you NOT to use UPS, their brokerage fees are ridiculous, at times more than the item itself. Check out this link to see their brokerage fees : http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html . I suggest you ask the seller to ship through USPS expressmail or something, almost as fast, very reliable, there is tracking and its insured....hope I helped some of you ladies!

I forgot to add, ya there are some *****y custom officers, but they are doing their job, and trying to keep their country safe...you cannot be too safe these days..with a criminal record, any customs official can deny you access even if it was minor and happened a million years ago. It is totally up to the officer to let you into the country..same rule applies to Canadians coming into the States...both countries share each others criminal records file...if you have a record, you face the possiblity of them denying you entry. I don't remember who posted in this thread about her husband being denied entry into Canada, but you took a big risk and were LUCKY!!! Since you tried to re-enter the same day after you were denied is a big no no, you could have been banned from Canada and could have faced needless interrogation. The customs official who let you in was not paying attention! lucky you!

p.s: no I do not work for Customs or the Canadian goverment, I am just really into law haha

Originally posted by lizarotica: "I forgot to add, ya there are some *****y custom officers, but they are doing their job, and trying to keep their country safe...you cannot be too safe these days..with a criminal record, any customs official can deny you access even if it was minor and happened a million years ago. It is totally up to the officer to let you into the country..same rule applies to Canadians coming into the States...both countries share each others criminal records file...if you have a record, you face the possiblity of them denying you entry. I don't remember who posted in this thread about her husband being denied entry into Canada, but you took a big risk and were LUCKY!!! Since you tried to re-enter the same day after you were denied is a big no no, you could have been banned from Canada and could have faced needless interrogation. The customs official who let you in was not paying attention! lucky you! "
It was my husband and he was just partying at the age of 17, no big deal, ******* admitted to doing the same! We were lucky. When we crossed the second time, I was praying, embarassed and scared. However, I love Quebec and really wanted to go. I was almost in tears over the first encounter and this upset my husband so much, he said he didn't want to see these people ruin my vacation. Trust me we aren't Bonnie and Clyde. He is a scientist and I am a physiotherapist/physical therapist here. It was just an unfortunate encounter with some difficult people, who basically wanted to be difficult. I am sure we have some nasty US customs officers, too.
I just felt they were being very unfair to us and asking even me a lot of questions. We were treated like criminals and my record is perfect unless you count traffic tickets. The whole incident was humiliating. I am not sure I would even try it again, they made me feel so horrible and made my husband so angry.
He even said there was a fragile item in the car in a paper bag, but they broke it anyway.
If we would go again, I think I would contact someone in Ottowa to find out what the rules are so we don't get put in another bad situation or have someone try to take advantage of us.

:evil: :sad2: UPDATE: Purolator called me back this morning and said that the package was never opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH B*S! There is a sticker on the package (DHL sticker) that says "OPENED FOR CUSTOMS"...AND the entire seal is broken on the entire side of the package where the stickers are! The stickers were supposed to close the package I guess. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I love when people steal your things! :cry: :mad:

PS: I called them back again (since I was half asleep and too tired when they first called me to argue w/ them) and I wasn't able to talk to anyone! UGH. I am still trying to get ahold of these jerks still. SOMEONE SHOOT ME!

hEY girlie!!!!

Look at the update on the UPS website!!!! Yayyay!!!

bullet_circle.gif
Out of Foreign Customs, April 19, 2006, 8:51 pm
bullet_circle.gif
Into Foreign Customs, April 19, 2006, 5:57 pm
bullet_circle.gif
International Dispatch, April 18, 2006, 9:06 am, KENNEDY AMC
bullet_circle.gif
Enroute, April 18, 2006, 8:23 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499
bullet_circle.gif
Enroute, April 17, 2006, 6:55 pm, MANCHESTER, NH 03103
bullet_circle.gif
Acceptance, April 17, 2006, 11:29 am, CONCORD, NH 03301

I think the B-Bag is on its' way.

:smile:

I'll phone Purolator to find out wtf is going on though.

Sigh. I have little to no faith now in this company.

:mad: :worried:

PurseSlave said:
:evil: :sad2: UPDATE: Purolator called me back this morning and said that the package was never opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH B*S! There is a sticker on the package (DHL sticker) that says "OPENED FOR CUSTOMS"...AND the entire seal is broken on the entire side of the package where the stickers are! The stickers were supposed to close the package I guess. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I love when people steal your things! :cry: :mad:

If I'm reading your post correctly ... customs opened your package not Purolator. From what I've been reading ... Purolator delivered your package to the US but US customs opened your package because of the jewellery. Shouldn't you be calling your US customs office?