Customs help

1. I was supposed to receive my new COCO Cabas. Had to get overseas. Didn't realize the post office is now charging my almost $200 for customs!

I'm thinking of sending it back. It will be way overpriced.

Any ideas or suggestions?
  2. Can you refuse the package and therefore not incur customs/duty?
  3. I had to pay $200 in customs when my MC flap came in. I just had to bite the bullet, I was anticipating the charges though....
  4. Yeah, the Chanel SA never told me. I did ask her before about customs and she said no.

Oh well, I hate to refuse. But, it looks like there is hope for a bronze COCO Cabas here in the US since it looks like there are more available now then when it first came out last month.

Anybody know where I can find one?
  5. It depends on where you bought it from. Most countries outside the US do not accept a refund and customers are deemed to know about import customs and make their own arrangements. Even if you reject the package you may not get a refund from the overseas store. If you bought from another state, then customs should not be a problem at all.
  6. I'm afraid she's right about this one. I purchased some shoes from a Paris store, I sent it back, the charge was still on my card. I kept calling about it, and also did tried to take it off my bank credit card, but for some reason, the store (Galleries LaFayette) won, and the bank wouldn't issue my refund. It's too risky to decline the customs charges. I'm afriad you're going to have to bite the bullet and pay $200.

7. Sorry, i would not be of any help to you as to i have never bought anything from out of the country. Yikes, the custom fee can really be hefty.
  8. w-jade is correct, you probably should jusbite the bullet on this one.