1. Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone tried the curves gym programme and actually lost weight. Especially how long it took to see any difference:amuse:
  2. i tried it once. my aunty does it 3 times a week and thinks its great. i personally didnt like it.
  3. i know some of the women at my weight watchers meeting do it, but i've never tried - sorry :sad:
  4. i've never been, but my mom has. i think its great for women who are intimidated by the gym or have never gone when they first start to work out. but you quickly build up your stamina and need more to keep challenging yourself. its a great way to introduce yourself to working out! :biggrin:
  5. I'm not a fan. It just wasn't enough for me. It was way too easy and you don't even feel like you're working out.
  6. Thanks girls,

even though not very encouraging! The thimg is weather in Cyprus is so hot that the idea of going to the gym is tiring so I thought the curves 30' workout might have been a solution:shame:
  7. I went to Curves for a couple months. Honestly I think the curves workout only works if you put a lot of effort into it. When you are doing the cardio part you can either move slow and do marching steps - or you can kick it up and do jumping jacks. There was one girl when I was there that was always complaining how she wasn't losing any weight - well she didn't even put any effort into the workout - so obviously she wasn't losing weight.

The reason why I stopped going is because the hours of my local Curves were not convenient - I usually work out after 8pm and all the Curves near me closed at 7pm.
  8. My mom goes there. She went from a size 12 to a size 6... crazy how circuit training works. Of course she was eating super healthy too.
  9. they donate money to pro-life organizations. so, if you're pro-choice, don't give them your money.
  10. I don't know about the Curves in your area, but the ones I see are always in *really* bad neighborhoods. They're a franchise and it seems like they don't have very good quality control over individual locations.
  11. I want to drop size from 12 to 8:yes: !!!!!! Oh and there is noo such thing as a bad neighberhood in Cyprus:lol: so I have no excuse!
    I ll give it a try since it is quite cheap and I ll let you know!:p
  12. I've tried it so here's the skinny:

- they are franchises and they have very little quality control over their centers
    - your experience is going to depend on the owners and staff so pick a good one
    -30 minutes workout time is just to get you in the door - they really recommend an hour once you get there - so if you think it's a shortcut by doing the circut route - think again
    -their hours vary wildly and often aren't easy to get to if you work professional office hours
    -and lastly - should you have any dispute with a center - don't expect the head franchise to get involved - they just keep pointing to the individual franchise owners

It was ok while I did it - it is good if you are intimidated by a full blown gym - but otherwise I'd skip it
  13. It's all resistance training. Something I don't fully believe in. After recovering from an injury - sure... but for actual results - not so much. There's really no challenge to resistance being that there's no true weight to strive for. As you build the ability to surpass the resistance, alls it does is become harder but there must be an ending point to the resistance. With weights there are levels to achieve. A good balance of cardio and weights is the way to go. I'm for the one day cardio, one day weights method.
  14. I've had success with Curves. Plus, I really like the fact that it is a women only gym and I do not have to be insecure about my extra plump. I do agree, it is not a very high impact work out but it suits me just fine.
  15. I just went today for the first time (we have a free two week trial). I actually really liked it. I am not the "exercise type" but this was simple but challenging. I'm sure that you get out of it what you put into it. I think I am going to join...