Cupcake decorating for a 4 yo's birthday? Need a good Choc. Frosting recipe!

1. Heyyyy everybody,

Since it seems that my aunt has no clue what to do for my Cousin's birthday seems that I have been planing the whole thing...(*SARCASTIC* Noooo, I'm not bitter or annoyed..:push:smile: Either way.

I'm thinking that it would be fun for Nicole and her friends to decorate their cupcakes with frosting and maybe put some M&Ms and little candy confetti things on there before they eat them. Since we live in Germany, I don't have any way to get that great frosting in a can (Mmmmmm :drool:) that you can get in the US.

Does anybody have a good recipe for home made chocolate frosting? I have found a few online, but I'm hesitant to try them since I don't know how they will come out and we don't really have a lot of time before her birthday.

Anybody think that decorating is a good idea for a bunch of 4 year old girls? IDK, to me it sounds fun!

So...Anybody got a good recipe for Chocolate Frosting??? :biggrin:
  2. Hi there,
    This one is by far the easiest I've ever used:

It's called 1 minute Chocolate Frosting -

1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add vanilla. Cool partially, then beat.

Best of luck with the party - it really sounds like the children will enjoy it. Heck, I'd enjoy it :drool: Mmmmmmm cupcakes!!
  3. Thanks!! That sounds really good :biggrin:

Should the Cocoa be unsweetened (like Hershey's for Baking) or should it be sweetened (like for hot cocoa)?

Sounds very easy to make :biggrin: