*cue the music*: I graduated from Invisalign today!

1. Yahooo....after nearly 3 years including a lot of follow ups I'm finally done with my Invisalign treatment and my teeth have never looked better!!!

I had braces as a teen and, ahem, a few years later they had drifted quite a bit, especially on the bottom. Not severely but enough to where it bothered me. But at my age there was no way I was going to do metal braces again.

I'm finally done!! :tup: No more follow ups unless I have a problem with the wire along my inner bottom teeth (to prevent future drifting) or the retainers I wear at night.

If anyone would like more info about it please feel free to PM me!!! :wlae:
  2. oooh, congratulations! having straight teeth is really exciting!
  3. Wow! congratulations! 3 years takes a lot of patience. I'm glad you're happy with the results.
  4. thanks, guys! It costs more than traditional braces but was so worth it. It does hurt 24-48 hours each time you get a new set of aligners (every couple weeks or so), just like having your wires tightened with traditional braces. But it WORKS!!

My teeth were always pretty straight but had the tendency to drift out of proper alignment, especially on the sides. I can't say enough how wonderful this product is; if you're disciplined to wear the aligners as you're supposed to you'll be truly amazed!!

5. It's good to hear about your experience because when I saw ads for it, I thought no way would something like that work. But it really does!

I remember the pain of the old braces when they tightened the wires. And like you said, my teeth drifted and became fairly crooked again. For me, I went the veneers route for the 2 front teeth and I had to have crowns on the 2 other front teeth on top. The bottom teeth are just terribly crooked even after wearing braces years ago.
  6. Wow CONGRATS! I know your teeth must look great. I was just on holiday and considered getting veneers put on my teeth but the ortho said no - my teeth are in perfect shape. I just need to get braces put back on to correct spacing. I despise braces only because when I get them tightened the only thing I can eat is a York Peppermint Patty...

Nonetheless, CONGRATS:tup:
  7. oooo congrats!
  8. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::tup:
  9. Congrats! Do you have before and after pics?
  10. Congrats! Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? You can PM me if you'd rather not post.

My bottom teeth have drifted a bit and I've been considering Invisalign but I don't want to put too big of a dent in my purse fund :p
  11. Congrats! I know the Dr who invented Invisalign... great guy.

My mom is going that route too starting this fall... it is hard to keep your teeth straight after braces, they tend to just want to move.
  12. Congrats!!!
  13. Congrats!

I remember when I was finally done with my braces way back when.. I don't think I've ever been happier LOL! I remember looking in the mirror and going WOW, straight teeth!!
    But ugh.. I have a strong dislike for my retainer. I have the clear plastic type (that look similar to Invisalign) and those things break all the time!
  14. Congratulations! :yahoo: A beautiful smile is a wonderful thing.

I had regular braces for over five years - wish Invisalign was around back then! :p
  15. Yeah it's a big ol' dent in the purse fund, BUT you wear your smile everyday :tup:. The price is going to vary a lot based on how many sets of aligners you will need. The more drastic change desired, the more you will need as the longer it will take.

I had full top and full bottom and went through about 25 sets of aligners and it was about $4k. My insurance did not cover very much of it at all b/c it was considered cosmetic, not medical and my carrier focused more on dentistry than orthodontics in general.

Hope this helps!