*Crying* Why won't it just GO AWAY!?!

1. I'm sure you all have read about my previous skin issues.....my perscription stuff doesn't seem to be helping either! :crybaby:

Currently....I've got, what looks like pox scars, scattered across my cheeks from last weeks rendevous with the evil acne. They're not deep, but in certain lights you can see them. They don't bother me at all.

Also on my left cheek, right next to my mouth, just shy of my laugh line, I have a nifty lil hole surrounded by really dry, hard, itchy, all around YUCKY skin. Then on my right cheek more upwards from the mouth, not exactly on the apple of my cheek...closer to the upper laugh line, I have a nice little zit popping up that hurts like all get out.

I've done what the doctor said. Use plain old anti-bacterial soap instead of a fancy facial cleanser. Check. Use this Oscion once a day. Check. Use the Differen Gel twice a day. Check. WHY WON'T IT JUST GO AWAY!?!?! God! I've got SO much to worry about now and acne is not something I need. I guess it's just stress. Between school starting in September, working, music lessons, and all the rest of that stuff ON TOP OF helping to take care of my Dad while he's so sick...I really don't have time to do all my usual zit zapping methods to get these little devils to go away.

Why me? I will say this....my face is much better than it has been. But I still see A LOT of stuff just below the surface and I know that eventually all that junk is gonna pop up. I don't want that to happen! I want to wake up tomorrow morning have everything perfect. Great skin. A couple of pant sizes smaller (since I'm going for perfect here) that new Pontiac Torrent I've been eyeing sitting in the garage where my crappy 96 Pontiac Grand Prix is, and Dad, absolutely as healthy as a horse. No cancer, anywhere....no stage 4 cancer. I want everything to be the way it was with him before he got this sick. My face can wait....I want him better....

Ok....I'm done now.
  2. Aww, don't get so upset! :sad: I know it might not be the best advice at the moment, but with patience your skin WILL get better. Stress does not help-- I have noticed from my experience that my skin starts acting up when I am stressed or overwhelmed, but I understand that stress isn't just a switch that you can simply turn on/off.

For scars, I know the Vitamin C line at the Body Shop has really helped me. My face, knock on wood, has never looked better. Like I said in a previous post, I used Proactive for minor blemishes, and it helped tremendously. But, if you already have medication from your doc, then you should probably stick to that. With many meds, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better...

Maybe it's your diet, or perhaps you touch your face a lot without even realizing it. Keep in mind also that too many different products can be so harsh for your skin. Maybe you are alergic to something-- the dry/itchy area you described sounds like a bad irritation.

But anyways, I wish you luck with your skin. Sorry to hear about your father- I hope he gets well. In the meantime though, take things one step at a time. Don't try to stive for perfection because sometimes you just end up losing yourself in the process.

Feel better! :smile:
  3. I don't know what you past history was with your skin, but any time you start a new regime, it is always worse before it gets better. Give it at least 6 weeks(i know this seems like a lifetime, but it will be worth it) for you to look better. Just keep up whatever your doc told you to do. Avoid your mouth and eye areas or they will overdry and hurt! Put vaseline on your mouth and eye areas after you put on the products. It will help not to dry them out. It will get better, I promise. I would also try an oil cleansing regime before you use the other stuff. It takes off makeup and all the gunk comes out. Then use your other stuff prescribed. It is like the best thing and doesn't dry out your skin, Sheishido makes a great one.
  4. ^I agree. Just be patient. And also, the more you stress, the worse it will get, trust me.

I was breaking out like crazy after getting out of a long relationship. The stress really killed my skin.

Try to relax and treat yourself to something nice. I thought my skin would never get better and I would hate looking in the mirror, but it got better with time.
  5. I use a line of La Roche-Posay personally. Before I started to use it, I used all the wrong things for my skin which is very sensitive. I was over treating my skin and irriating it. It's much better now, perhaps you can explore that line a bit.

PS. Very sorry about your Dad.
  6. I totally understand what you are going through as I suffered with acne for almost 2 decades. I found that once I finished school my acne improved. In terms of the scars, if they are deep, creams will not help them. I am currently doing Fraxel Laser for my deep acne scars & have seen significant improvements but it is costly. It will go away unfortunately you have to be patient which is the hardest part.
  7. I hope I don't get in trouble for suggesting this, but have you ever considered going on the pill to regulate your hormones? There are a few out there that have been scientifically proven to help with breakouts. Also, one thing that sometimes seem to help me is Benadryl. I don't know if it's a coincidence but when I take an antihistamine, my face tends to clear up if I have a pimple. I suspect that the product reduces swelling and might help control oil (it seem to make my skin really dry). Good luck. I feel your pain and I'm sorry you must endure these skin problems.
  8. I had bad skin issues and the derm. put me on retin-a micro. She told me it would get worse before it got better... boy did it! It took a good three months and many facials to finally get better, but all of a sudden, it was literally gone! The retinol also takes off layers off skin so the previous damage was unnoticeable. I actually had a glow and got compliments on my skin. I know that sounds like a cheesy commericial, but it's the truth. Now being prego, I can't use the stuff anymore but it seems like it just went away. I have the occasional minor bump... but NOTHING like before. I would say stick with your program and like everyone said... just have patience. It may be hell waiting, but eventually it kicks in!!
  9. Exactly what I was going to say.

Also sweetie, please PM me if you want to talk. Or I can give you my phone number and you can call. I'm 25 and had cancer 2 years ago and I would love to talk to you if you would like. Huge hugs! Everything will get better :heart: