Travel Cruise Tips and Suggestions?

I've booked several times with Crucon and they are OK. They have good incentives (onboard credit, spa, etc.). The problem is that they are only open limited times and they charge a cancellation fee. We are probably going to go back to cruise.com. Always get prepaid gratuities and no cancellation fees.

Remember, Royal Caribbean/Celebrity don't allow travel agents to charge less than the advertised prices on their website (unless it is a group booking).

But you can get prepaid gratitudes with RC and Celebrity right? And/Or onboard credit?

But you can get prepaid gratitudes with RC and Celebrity right? And/Or onboard credit?

I've booked several times with Crucon and they are OK. They have good incentives (onboard credit, spa, etc.). The problem is that they are only open limited times and they charge a cancellation fee. We are probably going to go back to cruise.com. Always get prepaid gratuities and no cancellation fees.

Remember, Royal Caribbean/Celebrity don't allow travel agents to charge less than the advertised prices on their website (unless it is a group booking).

Actually, I used Crucon.com after seeing your post last year. They did give me the same price as Celebrity, but pre-paid gratuity, free travel insurance and one free dinner.
With Princess I got better deal directly using their travel agent due to Florida resident discount.
I guess, you have to shop around and compare.
Now, I am looking for tickets to Barcelona for end of April, 2013. Prices are very high to buy so much in advance. Any recommendations on buying tickets?

Actually, I used Crucon.com after seeing your post last year. They did give me the same price as Celebrity, but pre-paid gratuity, free travel insurance and one free dinner.
With Princess I got better deal directly using their travel agent due to Florida resident discount.
I guess, you have to shop around and compare.
Now, I am looking for tickets to Barcelona for end of April, 2013. Prices are very high to buy so much in advance. Any recommendations on buying tickets?

Thanks .. As for tickets. This is fun, right now I'm looking of tickets to Miami :smile: What kind of tickets do you want and what is your price range?

I only travel coach and right now my tickets are around $930 for mid January and that seems to be the same for tickets from Miami to Barcelona in April/May too.

Thanks .. As for tickets. This is fun, right now I'm looking of tickets to Miami :smile: What kind of tickets do you want and what is your price range?

I only travel coach and right now my tickets are around $930 for mid January and that seems to be the same for tickets from Miami to Barcelona in April/May too.

So far for coach non-stop almost 1100$ per person. Last year was less than 800$ for 2 month in advance.
If you need any recommendations in Miami or any area close to Miami, let me know. We live here almost for 25 years.
Also, I use home away.com to rent apartments for my friends when they come to Miami and found an owner of one bedroom apartment in La Meridian in Sunny Isle and use his directly few times already.
It is much better and cheaper than hotel directly and can share his information if you need.
Have a great time in Miami!

So far for coach non-stop almost 1100$ per person. Last year was less than 800$ for 2 month in advance.
If you need any recommendations in Miami or any area close to Miami, let me know. We live here almost for 25 years.

You still have a lot of time left. I'm waiting for my airline fare to drop.. after that I can book my cruise. I can never book a cruise before I have my air fares done.

Which cruise are you doing out from Barcelona?

You still have a lot of time left. I'm waiting for my airline fare to drop.. after that I can book my cruise. I can never book a cruise before I have my air fares done.

Which cruise are you doing out from Barcelona?

We are taking Celebrity for 12 days going to Venice, Florence, Nice and some other places and planning to stay in Barcelona for 3 days. We were there before (actually we visited all these places already few times), but enjoy doing again. In our case, I book our cruise first because we always like to book a balcony or higher and looking for a deal. This way I save way more for two people on cruise than on tickets.

They are all great stops. I always want to do cruises to places I haven't been to before. I think that is the reason I find it so hard to do one in Europe. I have one in mind thought, and its from Venice to Istanbul. I've never been to Istanbul so would love to go there. Then my BF says. Why don't you just fly there for an weekend instead? And, .. well he's right.

I'm seriously considering doing an Antarctic cruise soon. Its really out of my budget but if I save up I'll be able to go in a year of two. Or three, they seem to fill up quickly.

marina230 said:
We are taking Celebrity for 12 days going to Venice, Florence, Nice and some other places and planning to stay in Barcelona for 3 days. We were there before (actually we visited all these places already few times), but enjoy doing again. In our case, I book our cruise first because we always like to book a balcony or higher and looking for a deal. This way I save way more for two people on cruise than on tickets.

That's a great cruise! It's one of my favorites. Is it round trip to Barcelona, or do you end in Venice?

That's a great cruise! It's one of my favorites. Is it round trip to Barcelona, or do you end in Venice?

It is from Barcelona to Barcelona. If I am not mistaken one from Barcelona to Venice is done by RC or has some stops we already did last year. I wanted to try Celebrity. Hope, next year try Oceania. Having 3 kids in college at the same time holding us a lot. Few more years.....the most 2-3 years and every one will be done with grad school!!!

Honestly, $1100 isn't horrible for Europe travel right now :sad: Such a sad state of affairs with airlines right now. I would just set up some Kayak alerts and wait until you hit a price you are comfortable with, buy the tickets, and then never look again!

We are doing Barcelona - Barcelona at Christmas, includes Florence, Rome (overnight), Naples, Sicily, Malta, and Tunisia. Really excited for Naples (doing an excursion to Pompeii and Sorrento), Malta, and Tunisia.

We leave for Alaska in 2 days! We're doing a round trip out of Seattle. Quite excited for that :smile:

I'm trying to figure out summer 2013. I had one cruise all picked out....a Baltic cruise out of England, but am not 100% committed yet. I may just book one of those "next cruise certificates" while onboard next week.

I'm also looking at river cruises. Hubby and I want to give one a try. Maybe summer 2013 or Christmas 2013. I'm just worried that the shipboard experience will be too hoity toity for us....and too old.

I want to take a cruise in Oct. out of New York to New England and Canada, but I can't decide whether I should take the Queen Mary 2 or Caribbean Princess or something else. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I have not been on a cruise for ten years.

It is from Barcelona to Barcelona. If I am not mistaken one from Barcelona to Venice is done by RC or has some stops we already did last year. I wanted to try Celebrity. Hope, next year try Oceania. Having 3 kids in college at the same time holding us a lot. Few more years.....the most 2-3 years and every one will be done with grad school!!!

Thats funny, i am actually going on a cruise by Holland america that leaves from Barcelona and ends in Venice in 2 weeks!!! I am super excited)))