Cruise 2008

1. Nordstrom Mall of America just received their copy of the Cruise 2008 collection. I do not have photos yet, but here is a list of what is included in this collection:

New Modern Chain Collection

Jumbo Classic in Lambskin with Silver Hardware

Cerf Tote now called "CHANEL Executive" in black or white with silver or gold hardware

Ice Cube: An updated look of the "Naked" bag, 3 styles including a tote

Melrose: all of these bags are made from satin, one style resembles the original Coco Cabas, bright colors including blue, black, and magenta

Hollywood: over the top metallic finishes with huge CC logos

Wallets: made in black or red patent leather

Icons: classic flap styles with patent leather trim, similar to the "Smocked" collection from fall

CHANEL is doing a lot of fun colors and concepts for this collection. Karl always likes to bring CHANEL back to places that were important to Coco Chanel. During her career, Chanel worked in Hollywood designing costumes for movies and movie stars. Because of Coco Chanel's connection to Hollywood, Los Angelos was the inspiration behind the Cruise 2008 collection. The runway show was done at an airport in LA. The models were flown in on CHANEL airplanes and walked off the planes onto the runway. Karl used many bright colors and was inspired by Europe's vision of what it means to be from LA. Also, Karl also used alot of inspiration from the 60's and the "psychadellic" movement.

Nordstrom MOA's trunk show for this collection will be on October 15th, I will have access to photos after this date.

Enjoy this beautiful and whimsical collection!

2. Thanks for this information, can't WAIT to see pictures :tup:

3. Thanks for the info...can't wait to see your pics!

4. Love your updates. Looking forward to the pics.

5. can't wait to see the pics!

6. Thanks so much for the info! The Hollywood bags sound interesting :biggrin:

7. Wow sounds eautiful, I hope to get my hands on a colourful Chanel , I cant wait to see the pics!

8. Can't wait to see pics...as i'm longing for a purple caviar med flap bag in silver HW....cross my fingers!

9. thanks lucas, excited to see pics!

10. so exciting!! thanks lucas! btw, the navy patent jumbos still arent in yet at MOA? :sad:

11. Thanks for sharing.

12. ooooh red patent wallet - yummy :biggrin:

thanks for the info :smile:

13. cant wait to see pics!

14. I like the sound of the Hollywood bags they sound amazing!!

15. Nope not yet, I'm excited to receive those bags....the navy patent is gorgeous!