Crocodile...where do you wear it?

tesi, I would love to see pics, your bags sound delicious!!

suzie- i will do some pictures very soon. my teenagers are beginning their spring break and they need to "train" their techno-impaired mom. the one time i posted pix they laughed as if i were insane- they don't get it, yet.....
and those croc kellys are definitely yummy. i have a vert chartreuse i haven't worn yet- i just ogle it. i think i need something spectacular to wear it with and i haven't figured it out just yet. why green has me vexed i don't know.

It was shiny 32cm...thinking a larger size might be more casual?

i do think larger reads more casual and edgy. i probably would prefer 32's over 28's but now i feel i need to stick to the same size or they will be jealous of one another???? insanity on my part. 28's feel more ladylike to me but still fab. definitely replace her once you find the right one- she's out there somewhere looking for you too!:heart:

tesi...the vert chartreuse sounds yummy! It would look terrific, I think, worn with all black.
I was thinking of a 35cm Croc Kelly.

now that would be spectacular. there are a lot of photos of exactly that on the celebrity/socialite thread. to die for! such a rocking look- go for it. i'm excited for you.

now that would be spectacular. there are a lot of photos of exactly that on the celebrity/socialite thread. to die for! such a rocking look- go for it. i'm excited for you.
Oh...this is awful! I know what you mean about the rocking look!
tesi...I'm curious why you chose crocodile Kellys over Birkins or do you own both styles?

Oh...this is awful! I know what you mean about the rocking look!
tesi...I'm curious why you chose crocodile Kellys over Birkins or do you own both styles?

i guess i just started with kellys in other leathers years ago and i really like the classic shape. i have one croc birkin, a little 25cm in blue brighton. definitely an evening bag. i tend to favor kellys overall although i also have other styles. kelly feels more "me" for lack of a better explanation.

I need to bring this thread up to date...would you wear a shiny crocodile Kelly casually? If so, do you live or go to places where other women are wearing crocodile bags? Hmmm...just in deep thought...
I sold the vintage crocodile Kelly a few years ago and am thinking about one again.

Since I absolutely love croc I have come to the ones I definitely can use everyday AND everywhere : Black matte crocwith palladium. Kelly 35 and Birkin 30 are my bags.

I used to own a Black shiny Kelly 32,( not vintage) that I could not use everywhere, though, because shiny catches eye, and in a some places you could become a target for the bad guys.... But I would definitely buy one again, and a smaller one too either Birkin 25 or Kelly 25 for evenings...

And to answer your question, ys I live in a place where other women wear croc bags, and mostly in casual way ....

Jeans, flats, cashemere long sweater or cardigan... anyway, something casual .....That's my look for a shiny croc bag during the day. I all depends on the place you leave of course....

Knowing where you live, I would GO FOR IT !!!!!;) ( or for acolored lizard as well !!!)

Last edited:
LH,
I'm very very biased about crocs, cuz they cost so darn much!

Here's my 1 cents (not 2, cuz it's so biased!):

I feel it is ultra bling luxury--let it be what it wants to be.
But, tone it down by getting it in a very small size, such as a wallet or clutch or one of the mini bags H makes.
For small bags/items, I luv porosus--the more shine, the better. Don't try to tone down the material, itself--let the bag size/shape do that.
Get a natural color that shows off the "grain" (scales), such as miel, etrusque, cocoan, marron, etc. with gold hardware. Bling away!

You can wear a piece like that causual w/ jeans/white shirt, or with biz suit, or for dress-up.

If you select a wallet such as Kelly long or Bearn, you could probably use it every day as a wallet, and the Kelly long would be a great clutch purse too.

Good luck and have fun thinking about this one.

Last edited:
Oh thanks perlerare...I don't see any women here wearing crocodile, but maybe they wear it when I don't see them. I love the idea of jeans, flats and long cashmere sweater with a shiny crocodile Kelly. That's so cool! A colored lizard is gorgeous too!
Thanks too sac-o-main...a smaller piece like you mentioned might be a good idea too! I know the dark browns are beautiful in crocodile.

i love croc and wear it whenever i want to when the climate is ok and the occasion/location appropriate. by that i mean would i wear it for shoppinglunches etc , YES would i wear it to a place where i know the bag would be OTT i prefer a non exotic birkin/kelly or even a bolide or PB

i love the look of bright/unusual colored shiny croc in summer with white clothing!! and the more demure/darker colors in winter autumn and matte crocs well they are the epitome of laid back style.

also if you love the bag you can rock it i for one do not believe in shiny=classic matte=casual.
you can dress each bag up and down it is only a bag what matters is how you carry yourself how you dress and so on

edited to say i really love croc in larger daytime sizes (birkin 35 or 30 and kelly 28 and up) croc at night is expected but daytimeit just adds a little more pizazz kwim?