crisis of conscience....breaking the 4-figure barrier

1. okay, guys, i know you were all there at one help me out! unless you've been living under a virtual rock, you know i'm in love with the chili hudson. but i'm having a serious mental block about breaking the 4-figure barrier. and, i'm the queen of buying on sale, so the fact that it's full retail isn't helping matters. :p

how did you do it the first time? help! you all are fabulous enablers, so let's see some good work here :graucho:
  2. Honestly, leather lined Hudson is worth its price tag. If you can afford it, go for it.

Styles being sold at heavily discounted prices (at outlets or stores) are those from previous seasons. Not that it's an issue since the item's in brand new condition.
  3. Just take a deep breath and dive in!
  4. let me try taking a stab at this. i guess the questions i ask myself is...would i use it a lot? the hudson's around if you use it twice...its $600, 4 times $300, 12 times...$100 and so on...the more you use it the more value you're getting out of it so i personally think its ok to spend on a bag if you will maximize its value.

second...would you be really really sad if you missed buying the bag because it never went on sale? ive done that with this really expensive prada shirt and i still cant stop thinking about it haha...

but i think the hudson is a lovely bag that can last for years to definitely go for it!!! btw, bloomies is having a private sale too towards mid november for 20% off! itd be a good time to get it then...altho i am not sure if they have the chilli but you can get Nordies to price match right? anwyay gluk and let me know what you decide!
  5. that's what i did when i got my speedy. :lol:
  6. i wish i can give you advice, but i'm pretty much on the same boat! *hugs and cries* lol
  7. The Hudson is a gorgeous bag. I think you'll use for a while and then maybe put it away for a while and then bring it back out. This will probably go on for years and years, as it is just that kind of bag.

I also think you might get the taste for pricey bags and the Hudson may be just be the start of an on-going lust for higher-end bags. Just my thoughts on the subject....I pretty much think that's how things went for me when I bought my first seriously expensive handbag.
  8. Personally, I'm not a Hudson lover, only because I can't fit the darn handles over my shoulder. And IMO, it's too big to be a satchel... you really have to try it on and see how you like it and if it can work into your lifestyle. If you feel that you're not going to maximize your use out of the bag, then hold off until something more versatile comes along.
  9. I don't think Hudson is big for regular ladies (not super petite) at all. It's even smaller than Stam, Stella, Venetia.
    Hudson: 14 x 10.5 x 4.5"
    Zip Bolwer: 13 x 7.5 x 7
    Stam: 16 x 11 x 6
    Venetia: 16 x 12 x 4
    Stella: 15 x 11 x 4
    Blake: 13 x 9 x 6
    LG Multipocket: 13 x 11 x 5
    Sophia: 13 x 9 x 3
  10. i agree w/jacquelinez....if you see yourself using it alot, definitely go for it.

One reason i use to justify a $$$ purchase esp for designer items like these is that once it's sold out, it's pretty much gone for good. It's tough to wait for such an item to go on sale at a Saks off 5th/neiman last call etc. b/c it's a hit-n-miss situation. It also such a pain to be on a lookout for those sales too i.e. checking eBay frantically, racing against other ladies who are also frantic for sales and get it before you do (no offense to anyone! :smile: ), etc.

Perhaps the most important reason of all is that you loooooooooooove the item sooooooooooo very much. i believe better to have 1-2 prized pieces that you love very much, rather than a dozen or so items that you feel so-so for. lately in the past few months, i bought purses that i did like alot (not really love though).....however i only own one bag i trully love. He is the one i have the most joy taking out, using it, showing my baby off proudly. :smile: :smile:

that's my philosophical short take on buying expensive stuffs. :smile:

11. I totally agree....I personally like the option of being able to carry my bag or put it on my shoulder when I need another hand free...BUT...if you LOVE it...Get it....and most important of all ENJOY IT!!!!!! :heart: Emmy
  12. ^ I can wear Hudson on my shoulder, I remember seeing Jill's picture with Hudson on the shoulder too. Let me look for that post.
  13. Swanky bag.
  14. I think that when it comes to buying something this expensive (this is definitely an investment), you just have to bite the bullet. If you really want something and can afford to buy it (without eating cat food for the next 6 months) then go for it.

My first expensive designer bag was a balenciaga almost a year ago. My heart was racing as I dialed the number on the phone. I was having palpatations just listening to the SA explain the bags to me. By the time I gave her my card number and knew there was no way out I was warm and blushing all over. I was excited and nervous at the same time. But when I got my hands on that bag I knew I made the right decision.

That's really what you need to do. If you have even the slightest bit of hesistation on a bag as expensive as the Hudson, you need to leave it there. However the Hudson isn't a bag you're going to see on sale for years to come.