Crazy question, but.........

1. Does anyone have a child who would be interested in a PenPal? I have an 8 year old son who would love to have a friend to write to that lived somewhere different than him. I think it might be good to help him work on his handwriting skills and comprehension and such and would be a lot of fun for him to make a new friend! They could maybe exchange letters and pictures from time to time. My son had asked me about this before, but I had no idea how to find him one, so I thought I would ask here! LOL

A bit about my son:

-He is in the 3rd Grade (8 years old)
    -Lives in So. Cal
    -LOVES baseball. He is crazy about it.
    -Loves video games and wrestling (thank my hubby for the gosh darn wrestling..ugh)
    -He enjoys his Heeleys and playing basketball outside and paper airplanes
    -Just now getting into
    -LOVES clothes and shoes and baseball hats.
    -Has 2 younger brothers

Not sure what else to

I also have a 5 year old son in Kindergarten who would love to have one as well since his older bro will have a PenPal. I could help him write the letter and copy down what he wants to say and read it to him when he recieves letters from a friend. Just a thought.

He likes:
    -Catching Bugs
    -Paper airplanes
    -He plays baseball
    -Loves art and coloring
    -Loves music
    -Likes to play outside and climb trees and ride his Razor Scooter.

Totally random and crazy post, but I thought I would see if there was any interest!:supacool:
  2. What a great mom you are for encouraging your son to write! This is a great real-world learning opportunity. My son is a little too old or I'd recommend him (he's 11). Hope you find some willing participants.
  3. This is such a great and cute idea!

I hope your son finds a perfect pen pal soon!
  4. What a good idea!! I am a mother of 3 girls. My 2 youngest girls are the same ages as your boys. 3rd grade and Kindergarten. Not sure if your boys would be interested in a pen pal that is a girl but just thought I'd ask. We live in Chicago and both my daughters love softball and gymnastics.......
  5. I hope you don't think I'm being intrusive or impolite, but I don't think trying to find someone from an open board to correspond with your 8yo is a good idea (even if it is another child). It's just not safe. There have been many instances where people on here are not really who they claim to be. Some of our members have been cheated and/or their information has been used in bad ways by unscrupulous members masquerading as genuine members of the board.

I would not want your son to be the target of some weirdo who pretends to be the son of a purse-loving mother! My own son is 8. I most certainly will not release his name, information etc to anyone else I do not know personally.

One thing I can suggest to you is to talk about this with his class teacher. My son's 2nd grade class teacher arranged for his whole class to develop their writing skills by corresponding for a whole year with the 2nd grade class of another school in the same school district. At the end of the school year, the two classes met their pen-pals at a local park and had so much fun talking to their pals IRL.