Crazy Bride's Maid!!!!!

you can certainly ask her to remove her piercing for the day and cover up her tattoo if you wish. BUT (i'm sooooo going to get flamed now :shame: ) i don't think you have a right to get upset with her for having tattoos and piercings when she did. your life probably revolves very much around the wedding right now, but i very much doubt hers does, or that she even thought about that when she had them done. if someone went bridezilla on me for having that done (not that i would... i don't think anyway!) i'd probably have some serious second thoughts about even being a bridesmaid.

I never even came close to goin Bridezilla on anyone!! And honestly, like someone else said, I do not want that in my expensive wedding photos!!! It is a once in a lifetime thing, and I do not want the photos to look trashy, and with that stuff showing, it surely will.

If she had second thoughts, honestly, it would be easier on the both of us...I don't need that in my photos. I guess we just have different lifestyles then. And I'm not sure if SHE should be the one having second thoughts.

I would definitely speak to her and tell her that the tattoo and piercing don't go with the over all theme of the wedding. Especially, since they'll be immortalized forever in pictures. I would ask her to cover it up and remove or bail. I don't think your being unreasonable at all this is YOUR day and it should be how YOU want it to be. I am sure she wouldn't appreciate it if her wedding were goth themed and you'd show up looking like cinderella.

I never even came close to goin Bridezilla on anyone!! And honestly, like someone else said, I do not want that in my expensive wedding photos!!! It is a once in a lifetime thing, and I do not want the photos to look trashy, and with that stuff showing, it surely will.

i didn't say you would. i was referring to the poster who said she'd be inclined to.

I recently saw a pic of a bride with a tattoo necklace. Not my style but not as bad as I thought it would be.

tattoonecklace.jpg

I can totally see your point, you have a right to be upset with her. This is your day, and the only day in your life when you have the right to control absolutely everything. When people agree to become bridesmaids they usually know that they have to do almost everything you tell them. Did you hire a professional makeup artist to do all of the makeup on the day of the wedding? They have special makeup that can cover tattoos. I would tell your cousin that you really want uniformity amongst your bridesmaids and say you'd like her to take out her piercings and have the makeup artist cover her tattoo. Just tell her the truth about how it will make the pictures look not the way you want, and I'm sure she'll understand. If she refuses, then tell her you can't include her in your wedding photos. I think it's a nicer way of telling her it's either she conforms or she's out. It's harsh, but you're going to have those photos forever and she's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

If the fact that she's tattooed and pierced is the worst thing that happens then consider yourself lucky.

She didn't do it on purpose and you could ask her to wear some pearls or her shawl in the pictures and the ceremony.

I only had two bridesmaids, both became pregnant AFTER we had bought the dresses. One still fit in it at the time of the wedding, and the other ended up buying a different dress in the same color scheme. I didn't have a problem with it, and the pictures look just fine. I wouldn't put any energy into something so minor, the marriage is the main point of the wedding.

the marriage is the main point of the wedding.

This is very true. BTW, lvlisa, that bride that you posted looks beautiful...I'm sure we can make it work. I just don't like it when just because this bothers me, ppl think I am a bridezilla. I have been so relaxed through the whole process of wedding planning.

Thanks everyone for your input

We don't think you're a bridezilla at all.

Being upset about something doesn't make you a bridezilla. How you deal with it does.

You didn't just go off and curse her out, did you? No. Because if you did, that would make you a bridezilla.

You talked to us and asked what we thought you should do.

I don't think you're overreacting, I think you're just problem solving. You're not a Bridezilla! Maybe get her or even all of your bridesmaids to wear the shawl or even a shrug. And talk to your photographer - if he or she takes digital pics, s/he may be able to photoshop that stuff out.

Congratulations, that dress you posted looks very beautiful. Perhaps you can ask her to try it on in front of you and then you can show her how the piercing looks out of place with the dress. I really don't think makeup is going to work covering up the tattoo. Can she wear a shrug????? She did not do any thing to ruin your wedding. If you felt her appearance was not going to be what you wanted you really should not have asked her to be in your wedding party. It is not worth you being so stressed out on the day of your wedding thinking she ruined it. She might surprise you and tone down her look, but unless you talk with her you will not be happy.
Good luck.

Thanks, I suppose I could look at it as a fashion statement? But to be honest, I haven't said a work to her about her tattoos or her piercing (just her makeup earlier on, but she just laughed and understood that). I just feel that she is proud of her tattoo and piercing, and it would hurt her feelings. Maybe it's her bf I have more of a problem w/ and not her body art...lol...but I just don't wanna ruin our relationship. So a shawl during the ceremony and pictures it is! And during the reception, she can put on her makeup and piercing and uncover herself, because the reception is the time for everyone to let loose and have fun!!!