cracking me up

I know how frustrating these are, but I also know that I am not beyond the odd stupid question myself.

I sadly remember a very embarrassing encounter in an estate agent who told me a house I was interested in was in 'Grove Close'. I replied 'Oh, but isn't that a horrible rat run for cars in the rush hour?' Cue, patient estate agent 'er, no it is a Close. You know, a cul-de-sac'. And I really was listening!

I am afraid I also asked a seller the other day about postage costs as there was nothing on my invoice. He kindly pointed out the large words 'free postage to UK buyers' in the listing. To which my immediate response simply had to be an email stating 'I am an idiot':shame: .

And I really am quite clever and grown-up in real life!

Miss Sooky - great stories! I've never heard "Close" used for Cul-de-Sac, must be a UK thing. I know I can ask stupid stuff too, it was just funny to me when I got the ASQ a second time because it was in the auction already and in the ASQ's already. But, I responded nicely because I know I can ask dumb stuff.

My only concern with the second asker is what other details in the auction is she not reading? She is a bidder and what if she wins and then tries to pay with a payment I don't accept or something, KWIM?

You're quite right, especially on the second point. And my tongue was firmly in my cheek really! I'd really support you being cautious about buyers who don't seem to have read the terms, especially payment terms, as I have just today had an experience with a winning bidder who now wants to pay cash. So stick with the buyers who read carefully is my lesson learned today - man, there are so many lessons for me to learn though . . . !

I agree with you. If you end up selling to one of these people, surely you will probably get all kinds of email afterwards telling you that they don't like/want what they bought. I got this a few times. Very frustrating. Seems like they buy first and ask later.