Courtney Love chooses actor to play Kurt Cobain

1. 01/14/2008 7:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    courtesy of

Courtney Love has said she wants to Half Nelson actor Ryan Gosling to play her late husband Kurt Cobain in a film.
    Love, who is executive producer on the $60 million movie Heavier Than Heaven, has also asked Scarlett Johansson to portray her, according to British paper The Mirror.

The movie is based on Charles Cross's biography of Cobain.
    A source said: "Kirsten Dunst was rumoured to be in the frame, but Courtney really admires Scarlett and has already sent the contract out for her to sign. Courtney even copied Scarlett's sleek blonde movie look when she was in London for the Fashion Rocks party last year. "She wants the best actors to portray them--she will be on set all the time giving Scarlett and Ryan advice on what it was like being one part of the most notorious couples since Sid and Nancy. It will be explosive."

2. Yep, that would work
  3. Oh yes, Courtney, thats a very wise choice...because you and Scarlett Johanssen look soooooo much alike! :roflmfao:
  4. Gag.
  5. IDK, Ryan Gosling doesn't seem quite right for Kurt. I think it's just because I still think of Breaker High whenever I see him. I'm fine with Scarlett playing Courtney though :shrugs:
  6. I think Kirsten Dunst is a much better choice than Scarlett Johansson; Kirsten looks like she can pull off the rock-chick messy style better than Scarlett.
  7. Ryan is a perfect actor to play Cobain, but I don't think Scarlett is a good Courteney. Seems like she wants to be way prettier in the movie.
  8. kristin should have played Courtney.

no matter what actress plays her, we still know what she looks like. lol

IMO, Janice Dickenson would be the better part (with blond hair)
  9. I agree.
  10. OT but Ryan Gosling is damn hot.
  11. Hahahahah, I just snorted out my tea reading Courtney wants Scar-jo to play her hahhahhaa what a joke!
  12. mmmm ryan as kurt? sorry but i don't think he's pretty enough to be kurt LOL

i think michael pitt would be a better choice
  13. I can see Scarlett Johansson.

I think Courtney is gorgeous.
    1163342758_hole.jpg ScarlettJohansson-Globes3.jpg
  14. ^ i agree with michael pitt.
  15. :yes:... very hot!