Travel Countries You're Not Bothered About Ever Visiting....

India. All these reports about gang rapes (including on tourists) scare me and everyone I know who has been to India got sick from their food, and I am very prone to food poisoning so I am pretty sure I would get very ill, and therefore am not the best person to go there. And it seems really hot too, and hot weather is just not for me (even though I do live in the Middle East, haha!).

The Netherlands. Because everyone I know who has been there never wants to go back. And I figure there must be a reason for it.

Brazil. Again, too hot, a bit scared of the crime I have heard about and not really too keen on seeing girls in thongs on the beach (maybe if I was a guy...:P). My husband was there for 2 months when he was younger and ran into some scary stuff there (as a regular tourist) so that probably plays a part too.

I don't know if i would call it list, i more of have a list of guidelines.

For example, i'm a fairly picky eater and also don't eat fish or seafood so probably wouldn't do well in most asian countries. With that being said though, i would love to visit Japan.

I also like the idea of going to India but in reality i doubt i'll ever go, again the food isn't quite my cup of tea.

Most places in the Middle East i probably wouldn't go either for safety reasons.I would like to go to Dubai/United Emirates though.

Why do people think gigantic spiders have invaded Australia?? I've lived there and seen exactly none! I know they are there, but really?? Totally agree with you

An old school friend lives in NSW and keeps inviting me over but I'm terrified of spiders. A local friend visits for 6 weeks in January every year and he says you have to check your room every day and even look inside your shoes. He says he's had spiders the size of his palm in his room a few times. Enough to make me faint [emoji23]

Why do people think gigantic spiders have invaded Australia?? I've lived there and seen exactly none! I know they are there, but really?? Totally agree with you

More in the bush. Daddy long legs cant hurt u. My cousin did get bitten by a funnel web in Sydney. His brother had to rush him to hospital. He lived... also we have deadly snakes. Never seen one except at zoos😉

Nope it's not. Calling the Netherlands Holland is like calling the US Ohio, lol.

I object.

Of course the official name is "The Netherlands" - of which Holland is just part.

We know that.

And knowing that, we still say "Holland" - and everybody knows what we mean.

-----------------

Btw:

Do you always say: "The United Kingdom of Great Britan and Northern Ireland"?

Or often just "England"?

Now let's be honest! :biggrin:

This is a great thread so I'm reviving it. I thank those who gave reasons because I really was interested to know why people picked those countries.

I hate to go to any area where it is a huge challenge to find a clean working bathroom. I also cannot stand where people litter, spit and/or relieve themselves everywhere. Another obvious reason is security. I know we must do research and take necessary precautions, but I would not like to go where I have to be constantly on guard. And if prices of every day stuff like food and drinking water are high, I probably will not go there either. Last but least, friendliness matters a lot. So if a country has a general reputation of being unfriendly to its visitors, its beauty better offset its reputation or it's a no go.

I am sure you can guess which countries I am referring to.

Worried about Cabo San Lucas (Mexico) in case of safety...

this one is really quite safe as it's almost all American anyway and heavily, heavily, tourist populated. it's also very small. if anything, i'd be concerned for anywhere else in Mexico, especially nearer to the Texas border and in the deeper regions of the country where drugs and crime are the norm.

• Thailand
  • China
  • Vietnam
  • Australia
  • Nepal
  • Paris
  • Albania
  • Iraq
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • Russia
  • Israel

Worried about Cabo San Lucas (Mexico) in case of safety...

I went to CSL last October and it was fine. My family, friends, and I mostly stayed in the resort (Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort) and we had a good time. My mom and her friends did go outside of the resort to the stores nearby and it was fine. The only major issue with CSL is that the beaches can be really rough and dangerous.

My mom was caught in the current and nearly died. Ironic though, because she constantly warned ME to stay away from the water, yet she has no problem going near the ocean just to take a silly picture. You definitely should go, though. You will have a great time. I recommend booking a room in Pueblo Sunset Rose, the beaches over there are usually swimmable.

ETA: There are no lifeguards in any of the resorts at CSL, so swim with caution.

1464664878370.jpg

Heres one we found on the ceiling. Its harmless lol.

In suburbia alot of us get pest control guys spray the whole house. Im more scared of moths and mice in the garage

An old school friend lives in NSW and keeps inviting me over but I'm terrified of spiders. A local friend visits for 6 weeks in January every year and he says you have to check your room every day and even look inside your shoes. He says he's had spiders the size of his palm in his room a few times. Enough to make me faint [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900I using PurseForum mobile app

Australia....

Although I dont have anything agaisnt this country its just toooooo far away.

I remember visiting Phuket in Thailand and stopping off at Bangkok there was a family that were travelling on for another 10 hours or so and we had already done roughly 14 hours on that plane!!!

X