Travel Countries You're Not Bothered About Ever Visiting....

I don't care, I'm still not taking any chances. Just the words "acid attacks" don't thrill me. It's not in my vocabulary! Sensationalism or not, forget it😀.

Going to China was one of the best trips I ever had. I absolutely loved and there are many moments to laugh about from it. I'd visit India no problem and many parts of Africa (minus high warzone areas). The middle east... thats a different story. I have no problems with muslims but going to a country where you are considered less by the government as a woman, is not a place I'd want to be. Like China may consider you less because you aren't Chinese but they know that wealth of tourism is useful. I don't feel confident enough in Islamic countries to respect me as a woman because I'd be part of the tourist industry.

Oh and I'd gladly visit both Morocco and Turkey, neither of which is an Islamic state although both are predominately muslim.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juvelen
Every country has it's beauties. I think it's weird to have an opinion about a country which you have not visited... ;)
But I have to say I would personally not visit countries that have cruel laws and governments, although the country itself is probably beautiful. With me traveling to those countries I would support those systems and that is something I would not feel comfortable with.

My favorite countries are Sweden, Norway and The Netherlands. :smile:

Well I have visited these countries and also have friends that have and do live in them so I'm getting my info from the horses mouth, so to speak and once again for now at least there are many places in this world where I can visit and feel comfortable, to me that is top of my list when vacationing, hopefully that changes some day but I doubt in my lifetime.

• Haha
Reactions: Babydoll Chanel
Holland is not even a country lol.

Nope it's not. Calling the Netherlands Holland is like calling the US Ohio, lol.

Yes indeed! :roflmfao:
A lot of people don't realize the country is actually called The Netherlands.
Many people associate them as one and the same. It doesn't help when tourists/travellers search for information and the national tourist board site is holland.com
(I am Dutch, by the way)

Reactions: LoverField
Many people associate them as one and the same. It doesn't help when tourists/travellers search for information and the national tourist board site is holland.com
(I am Dutch, by the way)
Excellent point.

Plus, many souveniers are stamped, "made in Holland."

Reactions: LoverField
(I am Dutch, by the way)
Yes, but still. Holland refers to just a part (SH and NH) of the Netherlands. Amsterdam/Volendam/Den Haag/Rotterdam are the most touristic cities of the Netherlands and are all located in Holland. So that's probably also why most tourists refer to the Netherlands as Holland, because the most touristic places are located there.. :smile:

The Middle East (probably my biggest "no" in terms of travelling).
Southeast Asia.
South Asia.
Mexico.
Russia.

And Australia—just because it seems pretty culturally similar to where I'm from, and even though I think it would be a nice place I'm not sure I'd want to take a 23 hour plane ride, ever!

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
I loved reading this, amazing to see how different people are (and I think that´s perfectly fine).
I personally don´t have Russia on my travel list but I can´t even say why. I have Russian friends and I also like the food, but going there.. mhm, not really.