Countdown to getting a Puppy!!!

1. Some of you may remember that my beloved Kasey died on June 21st. My hubby asked that we wait until we get back from our 2 week trip to Florida. We get back the Saturday of Labor Day w/e and are going to the North Shore Animal League the next day to try and find a puppy.

I have missed Kasey, and having a dog sooo much. I've had a dog all my life so this has been tough. I already picked out the name Gucci for it...My kids are a little appalled but tough crap!

I'm such a sap, I kiss Kasey's picture that I have on the fridge sometimes!

2. ^I don't blame you...to me, my dogs are my family and would be GREATLY missed, just like any other family member.

I am SO EXCITED that you are going to get a new dog! And you are adopting one, which is fantastic! I can't wait to see pics!

3. I am going through the same thing as you. I had to give up my beloved Bailey in June. I was devastated....it's a long story. Anyway, I hate not having a dog. We are getting a cockapoo puppy in 5 days and I can't wait!!! I can't wait to see what you adopt. Please post pics. Gucci is a great name btw.

4. I will totally post pics of whatever puppy we adopt! It's great b/c my kids have something to look forward to other then school starting right after we get back from our trip.

5. Oh that is so bittersweet shushop! But I am so happy for you and kudos to you for rescuing your newest family member :tender: I can't wait to "meet" Gucci!

6. I love the name "Gucci"!! I think it's adorable! It's also great that you'll be rescuing a dog..

7. Thanx Apple...My kids knew they would have to go by my name choices. I gave them Chanel, Balenciaga or gucci...I knew I would only choose gucci b/c it sounds cute. I'm feeling a bit guilty b/c Kasey is still such a huge part of my heart, I can't even put it into words. But, we need to fill the void she left behind. Not replace her though.

8. You're the kind of animal-lover that I am. You adored the pet that passed away and still miss Kasey. and you're anticipating your new family addition which is wonderful. Bless you for adopting and giving a needy dog a loving home.

9. Aww, please don't feel guilty, Karen. Just like Sam sent us Gracie to love, Kasey will send you your next fur baby. Our babies know how much love we have to share and Kasey wants you to share it with your next fur baby.

Sam has been gone nearly 8 months and I still miss him every day, but every day we have Gracie I love her that much more and I'm so grateful that she came into our lives. :love:

10. Look forward to seeing pics of Gucci, and absolutely delighted to read that he or she will be a rescue dog!