Cotton Summer Dresses?

IntlSet said:
Check AE.com, American Eagle. They have really cute dresses right now for under $50!

Okay, if you had to choose - this one,
1396_9818_100.jpg

AE Meadow Sundress
$48.00

OR

1396_9810_100.jpg

AE Patchwork Dress
$68.00

Intlset said:
Abandoned, definitely with the belt. I wouldn't trust the tailoring of the dress itself to give you enough shape, because it's rare any tube-dress off the rack will! The belt will make you more hourglass-y. If you don't like that ribbon, you can always exchange it for another one.

My thoughts EXACTLY! Definitely keeping belt.

Dress 1.

I have the second dress (came in a different print last season but the cut is the same) and there's something a little weird about the lining. It's not very well made... but hey, maybe this season they improved.

IntlSet said:
Dress 1.

I have the second dress (came in a different print last season but the cut is the same) and there's something a little weird about the lining. It's not very well made... but hey, maybe this season they improved.

lol Great! I liked the first one more anyway, I dont know why, but no patchwork look for me this summer.

Man, you guys helped me in no time! Thank you! I could barely find anything last night and now I cant make up my mind lol I dont know which is worse!

i'd say the first one - it's more of a blank slate, if you will, so you can change the look a lot with different accessories and shoes. i could see it going from very casual to decently dressy.

IntlSet said:
Abandoned, definitely with the belt. I wouldn't trust the tailoring of the dress itself to give you enough shape, because it's rare any tube-dress off the rack will! The belt will make you more hourglass-y. If you don't like that ribbon, you can always exchange it for another one. I think just a big, plain white grosgrain ribbon would look very fresh and unexpected with the khaki. Also a black ribbon or a navy ribbon would be great.

I agree, also since the dress in so inexpensive you could take it to a tailor and have it fitted for not to much$.

ilovechloe said:
I agree, also since the dress in so inexpensive you could take it to a tailor and have it fitted for not to much$.

amanda said:
i'd say the first one - it's more of a blank slate, if you will, so you can change the look a lot with different accessories and shoes. i could see it going from very casual to decently dressy.

Excellent feedback!

Note to self - Okay, must go to mall for AE & Old Navy dresses, then I'm seriously considering an Ann Taylor and J. Crew dress I saw online.

How about between these two? I know they're a bit more expensive, but theyre just the style I was looking for (except I didnt want the skirt to be as 'loopy', I want a bit tighter) -

(Sorry the pictures so small! There are small ridges on the upper part of the dress)
136522_9000l.jpg

Kathryn Strapless Dress
Our Celebrations straplesss dress in cotton faille features a seamed bust for a flattering line and allover pleats. Side zip with hook-and-eye closure. Interior adjustable elastic band at base of bust. Removable lingerie straps. Lined. 34 1/2" long.

$148.00
Available in Petites
79% Silk, 21% Cotton
Imported
Dry Clean Only

OR

(I didnt really like the sheer overdress though)
63101_WT0002_SP06_m.jpg

$98
Cotton with a textured, seersucker weave. Fitted bodice, A-line skirt. Hidden back zipper. Fully lined. Import. Dry clean. Falls to midcalf; 27" from natural waist.

fyi, i went to old navy this afternoon and tried on those $36 dollar dresses and got both - they actually are cut so that they make me look like i have a waist and hide my tummy! i don't know how long they'll last, but hell, for $36 i don't really care...

amanda said:
fyi, i went to old navy this afternoon and tried on those $36 dollar dresses and got both - they actually are cut so that they make me look like i have a waist and hide my tummy! i don't know how long they'll last, but hell, for $36 i don't really care...

lol Thanks for sharing Amanda. I'm definitely getting the Old Navy dresses. They're cute and not expensive and I definitely dont have a lot to spend at the moment.

abandonedimages said:
(Sorry the pictures so small! There are small ridges on the upper part of the dress)
136522_9000l.jpg

Kathryn Strapless Dress
Our Celebrations straplesss dress in cotton faille features a seamed bust for a flattering line and allover pleats. Side zip with hook-and-eye closure. Interior adjustable elastic band at base of bust. Removable lingerie straps. Lined. 34 1/2" long.

$148.00
Available in Petites
79% Silk, 21% Cotton
Imported
Dry Clean Only

Where's this one from, it's super cute!! :love:

Also - been eyeing this cotton halter dress from J. Crew -
73509_PK6133_SP06_m.jpg

O_o. . .I wish I were rich.

I hate that sheer overdress they put on it though! I want to just cut it off, but I dont want to mess up the dress.