Costco & Fendi?

1. On the American Costco website, under Fashion, there are multiple Fendi bags for sale. I was just wondering if these are authentic?
  2. you need to ask in "authenticate this"
  3. I think they are authentic, a big company like Costco would not get involved in selling fake bags, especially wouldn't advertise fake bags on their website.... as strange as it is that Costco would sell premium designer bags ... but I think it's real.
  4. Yeah.. I've seen Coach at Costco
  5. Ya i dont like how Costco sells Fendi.
  6. Was it Costco that was sued for selling fake Fendi's? It was a while ago, so I don't recall for sure. I'd avoid it.
  7. No it was Sam's Club and recently they settled with Fendi.
  8. Whoa. You're KIDDING. I drifted into this forum thinking about Fendi Spies and they actually sell Fendi at Costco, that is scarin me... :sweatdrop: Guess I'm pretty naive when it comes to designer bags...:rolleyes: WOW!
  9. The BJs warehouse club we have here sells designer bags, mainly Prada. I never noticed purses at Costco. I can never drag my DH away from the flat screen tvs long enough to look at anything else! lol
  10. They been selling Fendi and Coach for years. I think it was Sam's Club that was sued for selling fake Fendi's.
  11. Here's the news story.

Fendi sues Wal-Mart over sales of fake handbags
    June 9, 2006
    NEW YORK, June 9 (Reuters) - Italian fashion group Fendi S.R.L. sued Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in U.S. federal court on Friday, accusing the world's largest retailer of selling counterfeit handbags and passing them off as genuine at its Sam's Club warehouse stores.

Sam's Club stores in California, New York, Florida and other states sold knock off handbags, wallets and key chains that were identified as "genuine" Fendi products, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.
    The suit by Fendi said that Wal-Mart has never purchased its products and never asked Fendi if any of the items bearing its trademark were genuine.
    Fendi products are typically sold at high-end department stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States and Fendi boutiques all over the world.
    Wal-Mart said late on Friday that it had not seen the complaint and therefore could not comment.
    In one example cited in the lawsuit, a black handbag bearing Fendi's trademark logo was offered for sale in a Sam's Club store in Miami for $508.25, 45 percent less than the retail price of $930 for a genuine Fendi bag.
    Fendi, a unit of French luxury goods maker LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton said in the suit that Wal-Mart has made millions of dollars selling the counterfeit goods. Fendi is seeking unspecified damages and asked that the handbags and other illegal Fendi merchandise be destroyed.
  12. Yep, they sell them over here in the UK too, along with Chloe and YSL. They never seem any cheaper to me tho, once you factor in the VAT, so its not somewhere I would purchase one from :smile:
  13. The Costco here in Canada also sells Rolex watches too!!! They are priced $10,000+.
    Amazing what you find at Costco nowadays.....LOL